Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson

Words of Radiance

by Brandon Sanderson, Julius Gopez (Illustrator), Rik Hoskin (Author)

Series: The Stormlight Archive (2), Cosmere (10)

I loved Mistborn and didn't think Sanderson could top that. I was wrong. The first two volumes of 'The Stormlight Archives', each one over 1000 pages, are every bit as good, or better. The world he has created is unique, with memorable characters and a story that is interwoven between them that delivers on ezpectatiins, yet surprises you at the same time. Very well done. ( )
  snotbottom | Sep 19, 2018 |
A great follow up to Way of Kings with a stronger focus on the plot of the series with great character growth. This book starts right were Way of Kings left off. It continues with the same characters, expanding on their motivations, background, and relationships. While it also has its own side plots, it pushes the main plot forward a lot and is a very satisfying read. I really enjoyed this book and the ending was fantastic. ( )
  renbedell | Sep 10, 2018 |
If you read the first book you already know. Simply amazing. ( )
  ZachDecker | Jun 26, 2018 |
So good. The second time through made me aware of how slow the set up was, but man. What a finish. Ready for #3! ( )
  walnutbrowniebrain | May 22, 2018 |
So just like the previous book in the series, "The Way of Kings" this is also an easy 5/5.

The Stormlight Archive is best series I've ever read. So many times I had to put Words of Radiance down, and stare out the window or at anything other than the book because I was shaking with too much excitement. Once I calmed down and started breathing again I'd jump right back into the book. My last 5 hour session of this book... well lets just say I'm glad no one was watching as I half spasmed with excitement and every now and then yelled out obscenities and things like, "NO F****** WAY!".

You see that crazy high rating about this book? It's rightfully there for a reason, if you're hesitant about this book on this series, don't be, just start reading this series already, you won't regret it.

Just a fair warning, this book is like 4 times longer than most books, literally, it's like 400,000 words compared to the usual 100,000 per book, but damn... it was worth every word. ( )
  damred | May 15, 2018 |

Reading, KateNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Green, SamCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whelan, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Oliver Sanderson,
Who was born during the middle of the writing of this book, and was walking by the time it was done.
Jasnah Kholin pretended to enjoy the party, giving no indication that she intended to have one of the guests killed.

The war with the Parshendi moves into a new, dangerous phase, as Dalinar leads the human armies deep into the heart of the Shattered Plains. Meanwhile Shallan searches for the legendary city of Urithuru, and Kaladin, leader of the restored Knights Radiant, masters the powers of a Windrunner.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,125,449 books! | Top bar: Always visible