Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau

Independent Study

by Joelle Charbonneau

English (35)  German (1)  All (36)
I have to give it a 5 and the reason is, well, I LOVED the Hunger Games trilogy, and this one reminds me of it, but it's EVEN MORE intense [if that's possible].

In the HG trilogy, you knew that you were entering a game- here for CIA EVERYTHING is a test/game, EVERY choice could end her life- she doesn't get a time out in that sense, even when the testing is over she's STILL being tested. My anxiety levels were through the roof on this one, and I can't wait to see what happens to her and Tomas in the next one. ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this book, much better than the first one in my opinion. The main character definitely evolved a bit more than before, and the premise is starting to take on a more original role. I'm very interested this time in finding out what happens in the following book, instead of it just being about finishing a series for me. Overall a good book that definitely improved this time around. ( )
  Krista_Rainwater | Sep 10, 2016 |
This book sucked me in better than the first one did. Sort of like a combo between Hunger Games and The Giver, very suspenseful and intricately woven plot and characters. ( )
  readlifeaway | Aug 21, 2016 |
This book kept me on my toes, there are a lot of twists and turns and unexpected events to be had. The most shocking of which, is of course, near the end. We end on a cliffhanger, but luckily thanks to GoodReads first reads program, I already have the next book. I was happy to see Tomas and Cia finally come clean with each other, I think that will serve to help them in this next book. I was sad to see more losses, I was hoping this would be an area of the series where we wouldn't lose anyone, but then it's a dystopian so I should have known. Either way, this book was amazing. It wasn't predictable, at least to me, and had enough differences from other books in the genre to be entertaining. I really connect with Cia's character and I enjoy seeing her interactions with so many different kinds of people. I'm very much looking forward to Graduation Day. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & MoreThe next book in this series had me antsy. I didn’t know what to expect, or how things were going to play out.

I didn’t want Cia to have to go through some of the things that she had to. And some of the others in her area of study are lethal. They will do whatever they need to in order to get ahead. It’s terrifying. And not only that, but they have to go through more tests. It’s like hazing, on a deadly level.

After reading I’m ready for the next book.
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
For Casey and Michael
Examination day. I slide the cool material of my shirt over the five long, jagged scars on my arm and examine myself in the reflector.

In the series debut The Testing, sixteen-year-old Cia Vale was chosen by the United Commonwealth government as one of the best and brightest graduates of all the colonies . . . a promising leader in the effort to revitalize postwar civilization. In Independent Study, Cia is a freshman at the University in Tosu City with her hometown sweetheart, Tomas—and though the government has tried to erase her memory of the brutal horrors of The Testing, Cia remembers. Her attempts to expose the ugly truth behind the government’s murderous programs put her—and her loved ones—in a world of danger. But the future of the Commonwealth depends on her.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:12 -0400)

Now a freshman at the University in Tosu City with her hometown sweetheart, Tomas, Cia Vale attempts to expose the ugly truth behind the government's grueling and deadly Testing put her and her loved ones in great danger.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,747,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible