Rosemary Cottage (Hope Beach) by Colleen…

Rosemary Cottage (Hope Beach)

by Colleen Coble

Wonderful Christian mystery with great characters and a nicely developed plot. I didn't read the first in the series but I felt that Rosemary Cottage was totally complete, a standalone.

Amy had just lost her brother. She didn't feel it was an accident as the authorities, her family and her friends were telling her. She goes back to the island where she and her brother used to spend summers at Rosemary Cottage. This is where her brother was supposedly attacked by a shark.

Curtis is raising his niece after his sister died just a few months before. It was supposedly a random boating accident and Curtis believes this. He saw it after all.

There are secrets to uncover, anger to overcome and a chilling finish. Everything a great mystery needs is contained in these pages. ( )
  Diane_K | Jan 23, 2017 |
Mysterious deaths, a child in peril, and a budding romance fuel the suspense in this action packed novel. A midwife named Amy comes to her family's island cottage to heal and to find answers after the death of her brother. Meanwhile, Curtis is desperate to keep the parentage of Rain, his orphaned niece, a secret--because he is afraid her birth family will try to take her away from him. So he is not too pleased to see that Amy has returned to the island--since her brother was Rain's father. He tries to keep is secret, but Amy's persistent digging into the circumstances of her brother's death and his instant attraction to her make that hard. Many twists and turns follow.
This book is a good "beach read". It's not one to think too hard about (some of the plot twists are pretty unrealistic) but the danger level does keep your interest. ( )
  debs4jc | Nov 18, 2016 |
What an incredibly good read! There are many twists and turns involving mystery and romance to keep the reader devouring each page. I highly recommend this book. ( )
  CandyH | Aug 3, 2016 |
This book can be something. I got really into it. I love the fact the Mystery goes though the entire book and you do not figure it out until towards the end. Though you do not until the very end of the book. This book really keep me interested and it made me really want to find out what happen to Ben Lang. I also wanted to find out how Gina had died. It really a good book more mystery then romance. Though you see the friendship that goes though. It also talks about Amy Lang and her struggles as well. ( )
  Lindz2012 | Feb 22, 2016 |
So happy that I pursued reading book two in the Hope Beach series even though book one was not among my favorite Coble books. She was back in full swing with this book, hitting it out of the park. (Or should I say off the beach?) Murder, drugs, kidnapping, secrets and lies, with a touch of romance; believable dialogue, relationships that ring true, and settings the reader could walk into, true Coble.
Why was it so hard to be herself, to be transparent? When she went to church, she put on a smile and never let anyone see her heartache. She was always “fine.” It wasn’t just here either. All around her she heard people asking, “How are you?” and others answering, “Fine.” They all wore masks. Amy Lange had been raised to suppress bad feelings, to put on a smile and look on the sunny side. That describes the outlook in many in our churches today, some taught by parents, others through life’s circumstances. Our masks come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but most have lips curved up at the edges; masks, like Amy’s, hiding feelings, and secrets.
Coast Guard officer, Curtis Ireland, has secrets of his own. Secrets, when revealed, that might cost him the guardianship of his orphaned niece. Then there are also the secrets of those no longer among the living, secrets carried to the grave by Amy’s brother and Curtis’ sister, life changing and life ending secrets. Amy and Curtis must join forces to solve the mystery of their siblings’ deaths, and to learn how to open their hearts.
I highly recommend this book to both lovers of mystery and romance. While it would make a great summer beach read, it would also be a great curl up by the fire read. Whenever and wherever you decide to read Rosemary Cottage, it’s a guaranteed good time. While characters from book one in the series reappear in book two, it will work well as a stand- alone read. So, here’s to happy reading! ( )
  claudia.castenir | Sep 1, 2015 |

The charming Rosemary Cottage offers Amy Lange the respite she needs to mourn her brother, Ben. She's even thinking of moving her midwife practice to the Outer Banks community. Everyone blames Ben's disappearance at sea on a surfing accident, but Amy has reason to wonder. Coast Guard officer Curtis Ireland has lost a sibling too. His sister, Gina, was run down by a boat, leaving him to raise her infant daughter. Can two grieving people with secrets find healing on beautiful Hope Island?… (more)

Colleen Coble is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,688,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible