The Promise of Provence by Patricia Sands

The Promise of Provence

by Patricia Sands

I absolutely loved this book. It makes me want to do a home swap with someone in Provence or at least rent a house there. I thought the characters were well developed and enjoyed Molly's character. I look forward to seeing what is next for Katherine and Philippe.

I won this from The Reading Room Webiste. ( )
  MHanover10 | Feb 4, 2018 |
I like this book at the start. It is written beautifully and enjoyed the characters in the book. This book would have been great if the rule of less is more was follow.
My problem with the story was the last 150 pages. I felt it was unnecessary and over the top. When I think about it there we a few over the top moments that I though wasn't need.
There was so much going on with Molly that it seemed to distract too much. She could have had her own book.
  lemonpop | Nov 22, 2017 |
THIS is a delicious book in that it is a verbal feast. The end came way too soon for me, wanted to put on the brakes to delay finishing it but...i had to keep turning those pages.
I've never been overseas but Patricia Sands takes you there in her artistic descriptions of her journeys, the food, her bike rides, the people who enter her life....simply deliciously amazing.

Briefly.....Katherine ( MY AGE FINALLY) comes home expecting an anniversary dinner with her husband and instead gets ....well read it yourself. In time it is her sister and brother-in-law who tell her about a site where one can do' vacation house swaps', and she gives it a whirl. Dreams come true when she trades her place in Canada for a spot in France....two weeks becomes addictive and she tries it again.
It's never too late...there IS more to life and you're never too old to find it. "An attitude of gratitude is what it's all about." ( )
  linda.marsheells | Feb 18, 2016 |
A light read. Chick lit for grown ups. Not my cup of tea.
I was given a digital copy of this novel by the publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest unbiased review. ( )
  Welsh_eileen2 | Jan 23, 2016 |
I received a free copy from Netgalley for a honest opinion. This is a heart-wrenching story of a woman who is unaware that her marriage is over and discovers that her husband has left her on her anniversary. The story is so well written you can feel the sadness, grief and despair she experiences and how her life seems shattered. We follow along her journey as she learns to live on her own and discover aspects of herself that were suppressed/forgotten in her marriage and how she learns to love life again. it was a great book to read. ( )
  FReads | Oct 27, 2015 |

"Surprise, shock, and a shift in her comfortable life tumble into Katherine Price's world when least expected. The future she has imagined suddenly vanishes, leaving little to focus upon beyond her career and the caregiving her elderly widowed mother might require. Fate has other plans. June in Provence is full of promise when Katherine arrives from Canada, eager to feel renewed by her surroundings. Endless rows of lavender prepare to burst into pink and purple blooms. Fields of sunflowers flow in golden waves among vineyards and olive groves. Ancient hilltop villages beckon. It's the postcard setting she envisioned, but is that all she needs? After a year of heartbreak, Katherine has impulsively agreed to a home exchange in the south of France. Colorful locals, a yellow lab named Picasso, and the inspiring beauty of the countryside breathe new life into her days. Seeking to shed the pain of betrayal and loss, she struggles to recapture her joie de vivre and searches for the answer to a haunting question: is it too late to begin again? As Katherine explores the romantic cobblestone lanes of medieval towns, discovers the intoxicating pleasures of Paris and savors the sun-kissed Co^te d'Azur, she begins redefining the possibilities in her life. An enduring story of hope and change in life's later years is woven through the author's love-letter to France. Like a well-traveled friend, Patricia Sands invites readers into a world she loves and entices them to linger"--Publisher's website.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,235,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible