Lick by Kylie Scott

Lick

by Kylie Scott

Series: Stage Dive (Nov 2013 - book 1)

2.5 stars

Unforunately, this book had a very familiar theme that is popular nowadays. Rich, bad boy meets normal, every-day girl and they have issues, fall in love, have issues, get married, have issues, etc...However, this book starts out with a Vegas wedding and the girl has no recollection of how it happened. David and Evelyn were basic cardboard cutouts, with no real depth nor personality. While the writing style was pretty good, I had a hard time connecting with them as a couple, because I didn't know who they were. Their attraction and love didn't ring true to me, which made me not care about their issues and resolutions towards them. The side characters were no better, IMO and it's doubtful I will continue on with this series. ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
This is the first Kylie Scott I've read but non the less I found it dull. Dialog was lame, story was predictable and if it wasn't for the few sex scenes there would be nothing there. ( )
  jnechiporenio | Mar 29, 2018 |
4.5 ( )
  CressK | Feb 28, 2018 |
jsem nemocna. furt ctu. s***y:-) ( )
  mountbatten | Oct 26, 2017 |
Unrealistic and bleh.
The girl was soo drunk but she had a fair conversation with a guy, got him smitten, had dinner and not only agreed to marry him but even managed to do so in 1 night which happened to be her 21st birthday. The man, a 26 year old rockstar ignored the fact that the girl was clearly drunk but was so distraught the following day on releasing the didn't remember anything.
*rolling my eyes*
And..
She did manage to fall in love with him because of a few hugs and his exceptional looks over a weekend. How shallow.
It would've been much better if it would've been less trite.
● This girl didn't fall on her knees worshipping him so he fell head over heals in love with her.
● He took her to his villa where he hasn't brought any girl but her-because-she-is-the-one.
●The ex tries to take him back and the girl got the wrong message and left heart broken.
It couldn't have been more obvious.

So that's that.
Im glad its over as it made even those cheesy Wattpad stories seem better. ( )
  aishwarya123 | Jun 6, 2017 |

Kylie Scottprimary authorall editionscalculated
Arndt, AndiReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, MacmillanPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reichardt, KatrinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this. Evelyn Thomas's plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man in her room, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened. One thing is certain, being married to one of the hottest rock stars on the planet is sure to be a wild ride"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,341,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible