Pariah by Aron Warner

312,001,085 (3.5)None

Originally Reviewed at:Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 4.5 Controllers
Review Source: Sea Lion Books

With an exhilarating adventure and its lush artwork, Pariah #1 is a fun quick read with a lasting impression. I couldn’t peel my eyes from the page. From the moment I met our main character, Brent Marks, I was engaged in his story and the world around him. His troubles leapt from the page and propelled me into the life of an average teenager who was simply, anything BUT average. Marks is a Vitro, one of many children who become extremely intelligent after being cured of a genetic disorder. Even his parents are terrified of him and his abilities. Like any other teenager who just wants to fit in, he attempted to hide the part of himself that makes him special from the rest of the world. By building secret devices in his bedroom and carrying a deadly one around in his pocket, Marks introduces us to the scary side of the human mind.

In Issue #1, Warner sets the stage for an inevitable epic battle. Something devastating has happened and as a result, all the Vitro’s are blamed and being hunted down like animals. Not knowing what else to do, Marks decides to try and act “normal” and go to school. Little did he know the trouble he would get into before he even made it to class, and how the consequences of a quick-thinking decision which ends up saving his life, would later be his undoing.

Favorite Edible Quotes from Brent Marks:

“See like this right here. Is she talking about herself? Is she saying kiss me you beautiful hunk of freak?”

“Half of the time I’m lost in my own head, fighting to keep my mind quiet. And the other half of the time I’ve lost to it. And it’s in control.”

“And in case you were wondering…Yes, yes I do have elements of a highly advanced, partially constructed deep space craft in my bedroom. And no I haven’t figured out how to get it out of here. Or what to do with it when I do.”
  momgamerwriter | Jul 17, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,885,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible