Superhero by Eli Easton

Superhero

by Eli Easton

Our February Book of the Month - WHOOP WHOOP!

Me before reading Superhero:

[I wave my sword around while wearing my kick ass boots. Got a problem? :P]

Me after reading Superhero:

Eli Easton's Superhero was a sweet novella with a friends to lover theme between damn near lifelong best friends Jordan and Owen. I mean being best buds from second grade, that was a great way to learn about both boys. Even though this is a novella, I got a sense of knowing both protagonists. It didn't even feel short at all. Plus, Eli Easton's writing works for me. There's wit with a hint of sweet and realism that I enjoy.

I lapped this story up like it was mother's milk. Gobbled this bad boy. Chugged it down!

One friend realizing he is gay and in love with best friend and the feelings are not returned? I love stories like that. This story delivers Jordan's internal angst in spades without getting to melodramatic. Owen is such a sweet kids, a gentle giant of a wrestling hero who is loyal to a fault. I enjoyed both characters equally and separately.

And while Owen was being straight but curious, I actually loved his girlfriend too. Emily was not a bitch and wasn't that a breath of fresh air!

The writing? Great! YA with smexy times without being too graphic. Friends to lovers and gay-for-you score.

The characters? I want to take them home and play video games with them. I want them to be together forever and ever.

And ever.

The ending? Realistic in tone. I am happy with the ending, thoroughly satisfied. Even with no penetrative sex. C'mon you know my smut loving ass was looking for it. But blowjobs and frottage can be just as fun. As proven in this story.

Recommended? Fuck yes! I didn't drown in a sugar coma and left with a happy smile. What more could this reader want?

Come check out our book chat for Eli Easton's Superhero" the first week in February, folks!" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
While I am normally very wary of "Gay for you" themes, and in parts of this book I just cringed and shook my head, in the end the story and characters pulled me in enough to enjoy it. The statement Owen's mother made at the end finally pulled me from somewhat dubious to accepting the relationship.

This author writes wonderful m/m romance, and readers who generally enjoy gay for you themes might really like this even more than I did.

Finally, I want to thank the author for recognizing that bisexuality exists. (While that might sound like a ridiculous statement to some, I have read plenty of M/M romances and especially gay-for-you stories that ignore and/or extremely downplay the existence of men who are capable of attraction and love to both women and men.) ( )
  LocoLibros | Mar 28, 2016 |
coming of age story with maybe not an original concept (best friends since 4th grade fell in love when hormones kick on) but with a very likeable main character, Owen, the superhero of the title, who isn't a supernatural man, but just a very good boy.
  elisa.rolle | Aug 30, 2015 |
Not at all what I was expecting from reading the description... I mean yes it had the jock and the geek, but I didn't realize how short it was, and I thought that it would be more a second chance story, that they'd go off in their own directions, Jordy would become a big time comic artist, and Owen would show up at some big nerd convention, like Comic-Con, and then they'd have their HEA. Totally not what happened, but I loved it anyway. I love the GFY and friends to lovers tropes, and this book had both. I love the build-up to that moment you know the straight guy is gonna go ahead and mess around with the gay guy cuz he just can't help himself, and that twinge in your chest after they mess around when the straight guy brushes off the gay guy telling him he's not gay, and you totally feel for the gay guy and want to cry yourself. I love when the "straight" guy has that AHA moment and goes back to get his man. This book had everything I love, and I will definitely be reading more by this author. ( )
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |

Jordan's worst enemy may be himself: he can't seem to help the fact that he is head-over-heels in love with his straight BFF, Owen.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,987,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible