How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove…

How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back (2014)

by Diana Rowland

Series: White Trash Zombie (4)

I liked this book but not nearly as much as I thought I would. I actually listened to about an hour and a half of this audiobook several months ago and found it just wasn't working for me so I decided to try it again later. I started over from the beginning this time and was able to make it through the book but still had some trouble with the first part of the book. The story did really pick up and by the end I was really enjoying myself but that beginning was rough for me.

I think that the beginning of the book had too big of a focus on Angel's internal dialogue. I love Angel but I have to tell you that she was starting to drive me crazy. Some of her actions seemed a bit childish to me and I kind of wanted the other characters to tell her to snap out of it. Once the action really got going I didn't have any of these issues so maybe the balance was just off at the beginning.

This book did have a lot of things going on and once the action got going it seemed to move pretty fast. There were a few revelations that I found completely surprising and look forward to seeing how they impact future installments. Angel proved that she can hold her own in a fight and is able to make really good decisions very quickly. The big twist was a pretty big surprise for me which was a definite plus.

Allison McLemore does such a wonderful job in narrating this series and this book was no exception. She is the voice of Angel to me. She is able to perform a large cast of characters quite well making it easy to follow along with conversations. She reads the story at a very nice pace making it very easy to listen for hours at a time.

I would recommend this series to others. This is the fourth book in a series that I think is best read in order. I thought that this was a good installment, not my favorite, but still good. I do consider 3 stars to be a good rating. I look forward to reading more of this series very soon. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Jul 27, 2017 |
Zombie Barbie Hits the Nuts for 100 Bonus Points
Massive transformations for several characters some permanent some, who knows.

1) Marcus and Pietro both have a transformations
2) Angel is dolled up and bedazzled, her opinions on the process with funny
3) Torture, beyond horrible, extreme.
4) Jane rocks the house down with her woman roar
5) Angel gets that tingling feeling and it's not just for one man

3.5 stars. The beginning lagged, the middle muddled a bit, the end was action jackson plus.
On to the next book ( )
  TheYodamom | Dec 19, 2016 |
I had forgotten how much I like this series! This was a fun and fast read. I was sucked into the story immediately. Angel is such an awesomely imperfect character. She is sarcastic and witty when she wants to be and that humor is right up my alley.
I really enjoyed finding out more about the zombies in this world. Each book brings something new to the table,which keeps it interesting. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Review

I absolutely love Angel Crawford. She has to be one of my favorite characters of all time. She doesn't take crap when her friends/family are being threatened. I absolutely love the friendship that Phillip (Zombie Baby) and Angel (Zombie Mama) have created throughout this series. It seems like they get closer with each book in this series. I also adore how Angel's dad is supportive of her lifestyle.

This book has a lot of action, especially when it comes to the connection between Angel and Phillip. There are twists and turns all over the place. We also get a few new people that we love to hate.

I think what really helps me connect with these characters is the narrator. She brings Angel Crawford to life. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Listened for Fun (Audible)
Overall Rating: 3.75
Story Rating: 3.50
Character Rating: 4.00

Audio Rating: 4.00 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back by Diana Rowland was not my favorite in the series but it was still full of fun, snark, action, and Angel Goodness!

Story Thoughts:First let me say this: The story did not suck. I have super high expectations cause Diana pretty much knocks it out of the park all the time. This time it just felt like I was waiting the whole book for something to happen and then felt more like it was a lead-in to the next book. Not that it is a bad thing but it just doesn't rank as my favorite in the series.

Character Thoughts: Same kick ass characters, Same kick ass time! In fact, there were a few characters that I started to like a bit more than I had previously. BIG plus resolution of that relationship I don't like. However, I think we are circling back but I hope I am wrong--they make better friends.

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated By Allison McLemore / Length: 14 hrs and 21 mins

Allison pretty much rocks every time! She is an excellent fit for this series and I wouldn't "read" it any other way :)

Final Thoughts: Angel has some big decisions in the future. ( )
  thehistorychic | Oct 14, 2014 |

Rowland, Dianaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McLemore, AllisonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

When the Saberton Corporation declares war against the Zombie Mafia, Angel and the remnants of her gang must claw their way through corporate intrigue, zombie drugs and undead trafficking to rescue their friends.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible