Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs by Milt…

Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs

by Milt Banta, Al Dempster

5601917,796 (3.95)None

This book is a classic about three pigs who set out to make their fortune, but each has his own idea of work. One pig makes a house out of straw, one out of sticks and one out of bricks. The two pigs laugh at the pig who took his time to build the brick house until a wolf comes. The two pigs soon have their house blown down by the wolf and seek safety from the pig with the brick house. The three pigs trapped the wolf and he fell into a boiling pot of water and ran away. I liked this book because it is has a good moral message of "hard work and patience pays off" and "work before play". It shows a good example of what can happen if you do not do a job the right way and rush through it. The example of the first two pigs proves this point. I also like the illustrations in this particular book, because it contains the classic Disney pictures that I remember seeing as a child. It feels very nostalgic which is appropriate when reading a classic. ( )
  KristyPratt | Apr 21, 2015 |
this book is about three little pigs that were trying no to get eaten by the big bad wolf. They each built a house to keep the wolf out. The first pig made a house out of straw/hay and the wolf blew it down. the second pig made a house out of sticks and the wolf blew it down as well. the last pig made a house out of bricks and the wolf tried his best to get it down but couldn't.
This book is a great book to get children involved. The teacher can ask the children's questions about what they think will happen next. I love this book.
Classroom extension: I will allow the children to draw a picture of a house they would build to keep the wolf out, then we would share about what materials were used. ( )
  TameitriaJ | Feb 11, 2015 |
Summary: This book is about three pigs who each build their house out of different building materials in order to stop a big bad wolf from trying to eat them. The first and second pig are unsuccessful but the third pig is successful.

Personal Reaction: This book is a classic picture book. I can remember this book when I was a child. I think every child can memorize this book and be able to tell the story from memory.

Extension Ideas: 1. The children can put on a puppet show while the book is being read. 2. After the book is read the children could color pictures of the pigs.
  dianehan | Jul 11, 2014 |
This is the traditional story of the Three Little Pigs, which is a good one. In it, three pigs set off into the wild to build homes. Eventually, the Big Bad Wolf comes and blows down the first pigs house, which is made of straw. That pig runs to the second pigs house, which is made of wood. He blows that house down too, but is foiled when the pigs run to the third pigs house, which is made of brick. ( )
  alarso2 | May 19, 2014 |
The Three Little Pigs is a folktale every child should read in there childhood. I remember specifically reading this book with my grandmother when I was a child. I still remember my grandmother saying, "and i will huff and i will puff and i will blow your house down." The Three Little Pigs has repetition of words like most folktales. ( )
1 vote ml445 | Oct 11, 2012 |

Banta, Miltprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dempster, Almain authorall editionsconfirmed
Seveke, Ubaldmain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hak, RobbertTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

The three little pigs have never looked so cute and the big bad wolf never looked so bad in this retelling of the classic fairy tale! Vintage Disney artwork from the 1940s makes this book an important addition to every Little Golden Book collector’s library.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:34 -0400)

A humorous retelling of the classic story recounts the fatal episodes in the lives of two foolish pigs and how the third pig managed to avoid the same fate.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,154,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible