Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs by Milt…

Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs

by Milt Banta, Al Dempster

I like this book for kindergarten because it is a great book to spur the child's imagination. I like this book for retelling, and sequencing. I would use this book in first grade as a guided reading book. ( )
  rachelpelston | Apr 29, 2016 |
I live this book just because I love the story of the three little pigs. One thing I liked about this book is that no matter how many times you read it, it never gets olds. Another thing that I like about this book is that it is a easy book to follow for children. You know that the wolf is going to go house to house until he goes through all of them. One thing that I did notice about this book is that it does not have a picture of the straw house which I thought was weird since it should be in there since it is apart of the story. The message of this story is you need to be careful of who you trust. ( )
  escalc1 | Mar 31, 2016 |
I would use this book in a younger classroom setting, such as a kindergarten or first grade classroom. I would use this book to teach comparing and contrasting parts of a story and prediction. I would use this lesson in teaching my students in prediction and multi-step thinking to brainstorm ideas on what they believe will come next in the story. ( )
  Amanda11 | Mar 30, 2016 |
This book could be used in younger classes such as kindergarten as a great picture book to introduce to the kids. I think it would be most beneficial in a third grade classroom to introduce mass and weight. Explaining to the children why the first to houses didn't stand. ( )
  AmbraGoff | Mar 30, 2016 |
Summary: The three little pigs is a book about 3 pigs that all live right next to each other. One builds his house out of hay and thinks his is the best. The other builds his out of sticks and thinks the same. And the last builds his out of bricks. The big bad wolf comes along and blows the first pigs house down made of hay. He runs next door to the house of sticks. The big bad wolf comes and blows that one down too. So they run to the brick house and the wolf can not blow it down. They then realize the brick house was the best.

Personal reaction: I used to read this book every day as a child. It was one of my very favorites growing up. I think it has a good message to not be mean to anyone who has a different idea than you do.

Classroom extension: I think students could be put into groups and given different materials to see which one would be the strongest while they work together.
  meaganamadon | Sep 21, 2015 |

Banta, Miltprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dempster, Almain authorall editionsconfirmed
Seveke, Ubaldmain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hak, RobbertTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

The three little pigs have never looked so cute and the big bad wolf never looked so bad in this retelling of the classic fairy tale! Vintage Disney artwork from the 1940s makes this book an important addition to every Little Golden Book collector’s library.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:34 -0400)

A humorous retelling of the classic story recounts the fatal episodes in the lives of two foolish pigs and how the third pig managed to avoid the same fate.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,851,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible