Moonless by Crystal Collier

Have you ever had nightmares that terrified you? Have you ever looked in a mirror and thought the reflection you saw was someone else because you’re not beautiful like the image staring back at you? In Author Crystal Collier’s fantasy novel MOONLESS (MAIDEN OF TIME BOOK 1) we meet sixteen-year-old Alexia Dumont, who has nightmares. For Alexia, they started when she turned sixteen, and, unlike the dreams most of us have, that go away when we wake up,
Alexia’s dreams come true.
The author has written a story about family, secrets, love, and danger. She has created a fantasy world with characters known as the “Passionate” and the “Soulless” to name a few. As Alexia, little by little, discovers the truth about her mother and father, as well as about Arik, the man she loves, she’s faced with choices that will determine not only her future but the lives of others as well.
I really like Alexia. She’s brave and bold at times. She’s also human, well sort of, enough to make mistakes. If you enjoy characters that keep you guessing what they’ll do next and a story with a touch of mystery and a little romance, then pick up a copy of MOONLESS (MAIDEN OF TIME BOOK 1). See if you can solve all the mysteries before the end. Things did not always turn out the way I expected them to. How about you? ( )
  beverlyjean | Jun 23, 2016 |
I really enjoyed Moonless. It kept me guessing and always wanting to know what would happen next. However, it was a bit confusing at times and some aspects were not explained very well, but I do look forward to finding out what will happen to Alexia and Kiren. ( )
  Elizabeth_Hurlburt | Jul 9, 2014 |
This Gothic tale was enjoyable, and I didn't feel I wasted my time reading it. I don't know if I will want to read it a second time - it was good, but I'm picky - but it was a pleasant way to spend a few evenings. ( )
  ranaverde | Jul 3, 2014 |
Moonless by Crystal Collier was a fascinating book. It held my attention from beginning to end.
It was incredibly well written and took us down an already well trodden path in a fresh and exciting way, putting a sensational twist on the paranormal romance and taking it in a whole new direction.

I havent encountered anything like 'The Soulless' before and they were a chilling addition to the fantasy hall of fame of dreaded villains to avoid on a dark moonless night…

If you liked Twilight then then I think you would love Moonless but please don’t mistake it for some kind of copy-cat book or take my comparison in a bad way. While its tale of doomed lovers -Alexia and Kiren- was reminiscent of Bella and Edward, it was different in so many ways. Its legend of fantastical monsters was familiar yet so very strange and new that I was compelled by this story from first page to last. I cannot wait for the sequel,it is bound to be an un-missable book. ( )
1 vote Bookworm1985 | May 29, 2014 |
It just wasn't my thing. Too melodramatic and not enough substance for me to feel engaged. Not badly written if you like that kind of flowery language. Had potential as a good story with an interesting premise and interesting characters, but I got too tired of the writing style. An average example: "He turned back, capturing her eyes with the net of his earnest night sky. She steeled herself against the invasion." Won this book in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  CecilyMS | May 21, 2014 |
Alexia was reasonably confident that exiting the carriage was the equivalent of stepping into Hell.
What was the proper response to someone plotting your murder?
You may beg for many things: death, revenge, mercy. Never ask for pardon.

On the moonless night following her sixteenth birthday, Alexia’s nightmares become reality: a dead baron, red-eyed wraiths, and forbidden love with a man hunted by these creatures. After an attack close to home, Alexia realizes she cannot keep one foot in her old life and one in this new world. To protect her family she must either be sold into a loveless marriage, or escape with her beloved and risk becoming one of the Soulless.

MOONLESS is Jane Eyre meets Supernatural.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Crystal Collier's book Moonless was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Crystal Collier is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,985,816 books! | Top bar: Always visible