The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister

The Magician's Lie

by Greer Macallister

This could have been so much better. The ending was rushed and sloppy. And the story itself - while compelling - was lost in the way it was told. It was so unrealistic to think she would have told her story in this level of detail to the policeman over the course of a night. Plus the whole healing premise (and the loose connection tried to be made to the policeman's life) really never came together.
But you'll notice I still gave the damn book a 3. So yeah, I enjoyed reading it despite all its flaws. ( )
  mfabriz | Jun 26, 2017 |
Recommended by Susan.
  pkloza | Sep 21, 2016 |
The narrative of this was interesting, as I was drawn into the mysteries of the "magician". However, I would have really enjoyed a bit more historical perspective and character development. ( )
  BrittanyLyn | Jun 22, 2016 |
This book was riveting, spellbinding and pulls you into the story. I was entranced by Arden's telling of her story. Arden's life is full of fear, narrow escapes, and missed opportunities. Its a difficult life but Arden survives. There are some dark and shocking scenes of abuse in the book that may leave you sucking in your breath and gasping. Yet they tell the story of survival as well. Brilliant debut from this new historical fiction writer. ( )
  ReadingGrrl | May 31, 2016 |
I thought this book was pretty intriguing. She kept me very interested in the story of Ada's life. I was a little disappointed in the ending and thought it wasn't very imaginative... There was quite a build up to the end but I felt like it just fell flat. ( )
  MinDea | Mar 30, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,325,112 books! | Top bar: Always visible