Proof of Angels: A Novel by Mary Curran…

Proof of Angels: A Novel

by Mary Curran Hackett

interesting book. If you're a believer in angels as I am, you'll enjoy this book. I sure did. Angels are around us. ( )
  angelswing | Mar 13, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is definitely a "feel good" novel that could be considered "sappy."

What I liked about the novel:
I enjoyed the beginning and how Sean was granted a second chance at life. I loved the part in the book where Sean, a self proclaimed loner, suddenly has friends that always seem to be showing up to hang out with him. I enjoyed the candid conversations between the characters when they let down their masks and were real with one another. Some of those conversations struck a personal chord with me. I thoroughly enjoyed these "learning moments" throughout the book. I liked how the author brought God into the book without the book becoming overly religious.

What I didn't like about the novel: I didn't like the fact that the book was pretty boring overall. Also some of the characters personal problems and actions seemed too coincidental. The author seemed to ramble on and on about certain topics like how one event effects all others, how we all matter and how destiny brought all these friends together at this time. Also, all these characters seemed like they were an expert on each others lives. This made the novel overly sappy for my tastes.

I received this novel for free from LibraryThing through their Early Reviewers giveaway. ( )
  PrettyTarantula | Feb 2, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The book was interesting, but not enough so to hold my attention. The main character, Sean Magee, is a little too sappy for my tastes. The angel mention is too sparse in the first half of the book to hold weight, and the storyline is just too expected for me. While many may enjoy the quick read, it just didn't capture my interest. ( )
  Jenxy21 | Dec 29, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I would recommend reading Proof of Heaven first. The backstory helped my feel more invested in the character of Sean. The story was a little slow during parts of Sean's recovery, but once I got near the end of part 2, I couldn't put it down. I wish there was more of Sean's family in the story. Perhaps there will be a third book where all the characters come together (?). ( )
  kibosa | Dec 26, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Since my son is a career firefighter, I was somewhat hesitant to read this book. Once I started it, my fears subsided. Although it starts out a big scary, the tempo quickly changes. I enjoyed reading about the different phases in the period of recovery. I also expected a somewhat religious aspect to tis book and it did not reflect that either. Loved the book and would highly recommend it. Will be looking for other work by the author. ( )
  nmaners | Nov 9, 2014 |
Sean felt the coolness of the air wash over him as he descended.

From the critically acclaimed author of Proof of Heaven comes an unforgettable novel about hope, renewal, and the gift of angels among us—friends, family, lovers . . . and even mystical others—sure to touch your heart.

Sean Magee is a firefighter—a hero who risks his own life to save others, running into dangerous situations few have the courage to dare. While fighting a horrific blaze, Sean becomes trapped by flames and is nearly overcome by smoke. Just when it seems that all is lost, he’s led to a window—by what he swears is divine intervention. And then he jumps . . .

. . . into a new life. For years, Sean has shut down his feelings, existing in a state of emotional numbness. Coming through that fire, he knows that he can no longer be that man whose heart is closed to the world. But before he can face his future, he must confront his past and everyone in it: the family, the friends, the woman—and the love—he carelessly left behind.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:36 -0400)

When firefighter Sean Magee escapes being trapped in a raging fire by what he sees as divine intervention, he is compelled to reevaluate his life and the people he carelessly left behind.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Mary Curran Hackett's book Proof of Angels was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,396,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible