Searching For Forever by Emily Smith

Searching For Forever

by Emily Smith

511,436,638 (3)None

I'm going to start off the review with a bit of something that probably impacted my enjoyment of this book a bit (and therefore the rating as well). Part of its plot concerns marriage infidelity and I'm never crazy to read about that in any novel.

But, back to this book specifically. It's the story of Natalie, a Doctor in the Northwood, RI hospital Emergency Department. And Charlie, the new in house medic at the same hospital and department.

Natalie is a 39 year old married to a guy named Peter, and they have a six year old daughter Sammy who seems to have some big medical problems at the beginning of the story. I was unsure exactly what was going on with Sammy though, and that pulled me out of the story just a little.

Charlie is pretty much in a totally opposite place in life from Natalie. Charlie is twenty-five, single, a bit of a partier with no solid roots other than Northwood hospital, and, apparently Natalie after awhile.

Needless to say they feel drawn to each other and so some of the issues like Doctor/Medic, their age difference, and of course, Married vs. single come into play in the book.

I do sorta wish that the narrative had been quite so hot and cold. I get that because of the married thing that the plot, and twists and turns couldn't be exactly like what they are in most other lesbian romances, abut still, some of the ups and downs were very, very jarring. And then the ending. I just felt empty at the ending. In regards to Peter it just seemed a little too easy for the complexity of the rest of the book.

I did like the Rhode Island setting though, and honestly, I wish that more authors in general would write novels based in and around New England.

I got this advanced galley through Netgalley on behalf of Bold Strokes Books. ( )
  DanieXJ | Aug 15, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,586,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible