Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner

Skippyjon Jones (2003)

by Judy Schachner

This book is about a cat who acts like everything else but a cat. One day, he makes a trip inside his closet for an adventure. ( )
  cromero16 | Nov 28, 2018 |
Summary: This book is about a naughty cat who thinks he’s a chihuahua. His mom locks him in his room for a time out and he begins to imagine he is in Mexico wither other chihuahuas. He fights some kind of crime while he is his imaginary world.
Opinion: Honestly I think it was a little bit stereotyped and racist because there was fake Spanish in it and Skippyjonjones was pretending to be Mexican. I’m not sure if there was really a moral. I wouldn’t be comfortable reading this book to a group of kids. The illustrations are cute though. ( )
  KelseyGwozdz | Oct 1, 2018 |
Skippy jon jones is a Siamese cat who pretends to be other animals and he gets in trouble for it by his mother. One day while he is grounded, skippy looks in the mirror and sees himself as a Chihuahua. He identifies as a hispanic chihuahua warrior. He enters his closet and enters the desert in Mexico where he meets chihuahuas that go by the name of "Los Chimichangos". Los Chimichangos think that skippy is the dog of their dreams as skippy tells them the password. They celebrate and have a fiesta as they practically worship skippy. Skippy finds out abut the "Great Bumblebeeto" whom takes all of Los Chimichangos' beans and now he is coming for Los chimichangos because they are full of beans. All of Los Chimichangos expect Skippy to fight the Great Bumblebeeto because they think skippy is a warrior. The Great Bumblebeeto comes and tries to fight the scared skippy but skippy slays the Great Bumblebeeto and a ton of beans fall out of him. Skippy after comes back out of his closet as his mom goes to get him. That night, Skippy is so happy that he saved the day. He tells us that he has a mind of his own and will always be a Chihuahua. I believe that this story is great for grades first through fourth as it tells an excellent story about imagination and that anyone can be anyone as long as they put their mind to it. I would definitely incorporate this story into one of my lessons as a teacher. This book also contains a few Spanish words which may make ELLs feel represented inside this story. ( )
  Loganhef | Sep 25, 2018 |
Curtis LOVES these... so entertaining. ( )
  snotbottom | Sep 19, 2018 |
This is such an adorable book. How can you not love a book about a siamese cat who thinks he's a chihuahua because his ears are too big. It is also so silly and fun to read it with voices and be over dramatic about it. Its so fun and kids get so into it and excited and so much giggling. ( )
  s_cat1 | Sep 17, 2018 |
Para mi familia a la A Better Chance House en Swarthmore: Shayna Israel, Asia Hoe, Patricia Ottley y Julianna Lucre
Especialmente unas gracies a las muchachas hispanas - Marlene Rijo, Erica Pena y Kathleen Regalado - por las lecciones de espanol para El Skippito
Con mucho carino, Mamalita
Every morning, Skippyjon Jones woke up with the birds.
My ears are too beeg for my head. My head ees too beeg for my body. I am not a Siamese cat...I AM A CHIHUAHUA!

AR 3.3, Pts 0.5

My name is Skippito Friskito.
I fear not a single bandito.
My manners are mellow,
I'm sweet like the Jell-O,
I get the job done, yes indeed-o.
Skippyjon Jones is no ordinary kitten. Oh, no. . . .He's actually El Skippito, a great sword-fighter ready to battle banditos the world over! With a little imagination and a whole lot of fun, this frisky cat dons a mask and cape and takes on a bad bumble-beeto to save the day. And along the way, he'll be sure to steal young reader's hearts, yes indeed-o!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:48 -0400)

Skippyjon Jones is a Siamese cat with an overactive imagination who would rather be El Skippito, his Zorro-like alter ego.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,867,895 books! | Top bar: Always visible