Waking Up Joy by Tina Ann Forkner

Waking Up Joy

by Tina Ann Forkner

This was a very entertaining story but the pace of the book was a little slow for me. The characters are very entertaining, especially the family, and Joy listening to them talking about her while she was in a coma was great. Once she is awake she decides to take stock in her life and get it back on track. Very entertaining and one I would recommend. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I had stepped away from reading romance or contemporary stories for a bit. Yet, this book sounded good so I took a chance. So glad I did. I not only had a pleasurable time reading this book but I also found and discovered a new author. Not going to be new to be any longer as I will be checking out more books by Mrs. Forkner.

Everyone in this story was fun and eccentric. Which made them entertaining. Although I do have to say that my favorites were Joy and Ruthie. They came from two different spectrums of the age gap but the way the story was written, it was like they had role reversals with Joy awaking and being young again ad Ruthie imparting words of wisdom through her diary and Joy's mother. Of course, then there was all of the rest of the Talleys. They were a dysfunctional family but in a good way. They came together when it really counted. The ending was a happy one. ( )
1 vote Cherylk | Nov 2, 2014 |

Behind every lost dream lies a second chance. When adored town spinster Joy Talley ends up in a coma after a peculiar accident, she is surprised and incensed to hear what is being said in her hospital room, including plans for her funeral. When she finally wakes, her well-meaning, but bossy, brothers and sisters dismiss her claims, thinking her accident has knocked her off her rocker, but Joy has never felt better, and is determined to set the past right. Now Joy must face her darkest secret and risk reopening wounds caused by an old flame who rejected her more than twenty years ago. But taking risks brings change, as well as a new, younger man into Joy's life, making her feel like a teenager again. Suddenly Joy's once humdrum life is anything but boring and routine and the future beckons, exhilarating and bright.… (more)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Tina Ann Forkner's book Waking Up Joy was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Tina Ann Forkner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,367,035 books! | Top bar: Always visible