All Good Deeds by Stacy Green

All Good Deeds

by Stacy Green

877138,736 (4)None

Very exciting! Lucy Kendall is a private detective, and formerly worked for Child Protective Services. Her goal in life is to get rid of pedafiles. In this book Lucy gets involved with a case in which a little girl is kidnapped, and Lucy suspects a man who was involved in one of her previous CPS cases. However, as she gets deeper into the case, she finds that several of the major players are connected to each other. Is it a coincidence? The story is woven together in a very fine way and really keeps the reader thinking. It was well-written and was pretty believable. I also liked the ending. I highly recommend this book! ( )
  TerriS | Oct 16, 2016 |
This is much more than just a mystery. It is a search for a child. It is a mirror of how the criminal justice system fails the victims. It points a finger at the inaccuracies and inanities of how those convicted of sexual crimes are thereafter labeled. Lucy Kendall is a sympathetic character with many excellent qualities though she is going down a path that may leave her no return. I can't wait for the next book in the series to see where she grows from here. Highly recommended. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 3, 2016 |
As soon as you start reading, you realize this is not your average female sleuth. She doesn’t pretend to be. She used to work for Child Protective Services. Too many children abducted and abused; too many pedophiles let off by an unjust legal system. So now she’s a PI who takes matters into her own hands. Justice will be served. The pervert will pay … by drawing his last breath.

Lucy Kendall is extremely careful about her operation, and still uncomfortable with it. She couldn’t help her own sister, but she can help many others. At the beginning, she’s eyeing “Slimy Steve”. Her poison of choice? Cyanide. Another man approaches her. He tells her he knows what she’s doing. He introduces himself as Chris Hale and identifies himself as a sociopath. He wants to help her ‘take the trash out.’ She denies the ‘serial killer’ label. She tells him, “I’m not a hit man. I eradicate sex offenders. I make sure they’ve been given a lethal dose … and then I walk away. …I’m not a freaking killer.”

The premise was unexpected. Sheer curiosity carries the reader forward wanting to know more. I didn’t expect to like Lucy nor Chris as much as I did. Who wants to admit liking a vigilante and a sociopath? I suspected early on that there was much more to Chris than what was being offered, and I liked the way the author slowly peeled back the layers of these characters. Shortly after their meeting, Lucy involves herself with the search of a missing eleven-year-old girl, Kailey. If you want a fascinating mystery with a serious character twist, All Good Deeds is recommended. Rating: 4.5 out of 5. ( )
  FictionZeal | Apr 23, 2016 |
I received this book through librarything.com.

This was an excellent police/detective novel.

I normally don't read a lot of books in this genre, but this was a great book.

I really enjoyed the character, Lucy. While she has many faults, her heart is always in the right place.

I know that Ms. Green has more books to her name and I will for sure add them to my books to read. ( )
  Sara2012 | Feb 18, 2016 |
This was selected as BOTM (Book of the Month) read for January 2015 in the Goodreads Group "Psychological Thrillers" of which I am a member.
After I skipped such obvious bad choices like Stephen King and did not manage to read Hit List in time, barely reading a few pages, I will try to read this in January 2015.
Depending on how it grips me. As the discussion in "Psychological Thrillers" started early I skimmed it, and it sounds interesting.
Also I bought the book late in 2014, so the price change due to changing laws on January, 01st 2015 in the EU and therefore Germany did not affect me.
Prices of non-German ebooks might rise due to the tax which is calculated from 2015 on according to the country in which they are sold, which is 19% now in Germany (before Amazon, Apple and maybe others chose a loophole and charged a lot less).
Ok, sorry for the OT-rant.

The book is a gripping-page-turner, with enough suspects to keep this interesting, although so far it is bit like the sometimes mentioned railroad, there might be a fork, but mostly the book goes in one direction. A few books, even from bestselling, well known writers like [a:Val McDermid|5672|Val McDermid|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1241725522p2/5672.jpg], tend to drag a bit in the middle. This might be the case here, but I will try to read fast to either get past that part or see that it does not.
At this point it is also not entirely clear who are the good guys and girls, I suspect a twist regarding the Kidnapper and wether or even if! it is a kidnapping, so far there could be other solutions. The missing girl could have had an accident and slowly be starving of first (now that would be my kind of twist, if the dead body was found later - just be glad I do not write books).

Oh, wow, just had the two twists at the 53%-mark, about, hm, ok, will not spoil it and ..., one I did see coming, but the devil is in the details, and while it was signaled before there was a secret and expected, what really happened in the past, I did not see coming. Great twists, both of them.
And shortly after that a third one, that was even more of a surprise, but also a stretch to believe, just bordering on Fantasy-Island.
Later, near the end, a few loose ends, with a strong one for the next book in the series.
The 5 stars I gave are maybe a bit much, more like 4.5, because the last twists and the show-stopper near the end, where a bit much and too unbelievable convenient.
If the series goes in the same direction, it might end up like Dexter (the books by [a:Jeff Lindsay|10482|Jeff Lindsay|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1198012537p2/10482.jpg]): a very good idea, with some brillant ideas but loosing steam in the later books, with the first being the best. But as with Dexter I will certainly read the next one(s) in the series.
Highly recommended page-turner, also the background very real and even in the details well researched what can be done and what not (with an IP-Adress or other tech), I could not detect any errors, and that is certainly a rare plus for this up-to-date-tech in books (which we will hopefully see more often from tech-savy writers, not anymore blundering along with a typewriter from the last century). ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |

She's no killer. She's just taking out the trash.

Don’t call Lucy Kendall a serial killer. She’s fighting for the innocent, and she’ll do whatever it takes to bring justice.

When a child disappears, Lucy quickly discovers the link to a predator she’s faced before—a man the state of Pennsylvania decided to turn loose on the streets. Determined to find the little girl and put a criminal behind bars for good, Lucy forces her way onto the case.

As the search for the kidnapped child pulls Lucy into a web of evil beyond her darkest imagination, she’ll have to face her own dark truths to save the little girl—and herself.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,724,985 books! | Top bar: Always visible