The Eyes of Bast by Lisabet Sarai

The Eyes of Bast

by Lisabet Sarai

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bySheila1957

Well-written suspenseful tale of Tom, Shaina, and Delphine Montserrat. Tom was a cat cursed to be a human by Delphine. A strong bond between Tom and Shaina may be the only thing that breaks the curse but who or what will Tom be?

I liked the characters. I rooted for Tom and Shania. As the back story comes out, I felt Tom's pain and fear. The tension built as the two lovers plan the best way for Tom's curse to be broken. Delphine is a hiss worthy villainess. She wants what she wants and she wants Tom. When she realizes she may not get what she wants, she fights hard. I enjoyed watching Shania grow in power to Delphine. I also liked that the question "Will she or won't she" keeps us on the edge of our seats until the end.

I enjoyed that this did not follow the human-to-beast line. I liked the animal-to-human premise although the question of whether Tom wants to be human or cat is never spoken I would have liked to know Tom's true feelings. Well done! ( )
  Sheila1957 | Apr 28, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,993,184 books! | Top bar: Always visible