Nantucket by Nan Rossiter

Nantucket

by Nan Rossiter

The story that unfolded from this second chance romance wasn't like any I'd read before. Even with sorrow touching the rediscovered love it was still uplifting in a bittersweet sort of way. This was clearly faith based with NIV Bible verses and professions of belief interwoven with characters and life situations that were realistically down to earth. To me, reading it was like comfort food for the heart.

I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways. ( )
  wandaly | Jun 30, 2016 |
I won this book through Fresh Fiction's giveaways.

A second chance romance with a twist. Unfortunately this novel is rather poignant and heart-throbbing, tear-jerkingly sad. I have to say I loved it though I cried so many times. This heart- warming tale of tragedy, love both lost and found, and most of all, hope, was wonderful and well written. Liam is an awesome man but early hardships made him more of an island among men. One young girl, Cadie, drew him from his shell, yet she was ripped from him by her father who only cares about wealth and status. Cast adrift for years these two find another, still deeply in love but she comes with secrets in tow. Few are happy but one is heavy and sorrowful. Cadie shows us all the meaning of faith, hope, and unerring love in the wake of hardship. Liam, I have to say, shows love and compassion, duty to his family, and undying loyalty. The end is beautiful. So beautiful. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
This book made me cry so hard! It is not your typical boy meets girl romance. It encompasses first love, heartbreak, forgiveness, unconditional love, and emotional loss. Real life issues, joys, and sadness are the core of this great story. The characters were amazing, I felt I could have been friends with all of them. The writing was good but I did feel it was a little drawn out in places. All in all a great read and one I would recommend to everyone. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Nantucket by Nan Rossiter
Have read many of the authors other works and have enjoyed them. Love how the book got it's cover and what it means.
Starts out with Liam who has taken over his uncles boat building business on the island after he passes away. He had raised him after his parents died and he knows the business from all angles.
When he was a teen he met a woman Arcadia and they dated for a bit but she left the island. Coop always warned him she would be trouble as her money and high class status was from the other side of the tracks.
Life goes on for Liam and his dog and cat in the house his uncle refurbished by hand. Love all the talk of what he does in the business using his hands and the terminology of his craft and tools. Love learning new things along the way.
Such a touching, caring story. He does meet her again He talks to her to find out why she never answered his calls or letters. She's got a bigger secret she's kept from him over the years...and so much more.
It's all so fast and so many struggles to still overcome. Love the characters, how strong they are with one another and others as they enter their lives.
I received this book from The Kennsington Books in exchange for my honest review ( )
  jbarr5 | Sep 25, 2015 |
The Short of It:

Nantucket is such an idyllic, beautiful locale but even though it’s always been home for Liam Tate it’s also a reminder of what was.

The Rest of It:

After losing his parents in a car accident, Liam Tate moves into his Uncle’s house on Nantucket. Together, they while away the years working on boats or fixing up the house. For Liam, it’s a happy time and he loves living on the island and can’t imagine calling any other place home.

One summer, Cadie and her family vacation on the island. After meeting Liam, it’s pretty much love at first sight but Cadie’s from a well-to-do family and Liam is just a hardworking kid working in the boatyard. Clearly, the two have little in common but their immediate attraction to one another is something Cadie’s father will not tolerate so he whisks her back to New York, far away from Liam Tate.

Liam waits for a letter or phone call but he receives nothing from Cadie. He just assumes that she’s gone off to college to live the life she was meant to live. Several years later, the two are reunited and even though many years have passed, Liam can’t help but feel something for the woman who stole his heart so long ago.

I’ve read all of Nan Rossiter’s books so I was pretty excited to get my hands on this new one. One thing you can always count on is a fabulous setting and this novel is no exception. The other thing you can count on, four-legged characters you can’t ignore. In this case, Tuck, a lovable retriever and his feline buddy, affectionately called, Mobe.

In this novel, Rossiter’s focus is Liam and Cadie’s relationship and the role of second chances. Is it possible to love again after so many years? There is a slightly weightier edge to this story than the ones I’ve read before. Liam is forced to make some very difficult decisions and you all know how much I love it when characters are pushed outside of their comfort zones.

Speaking of characters, I adored Liam. I adored his dog, Tuck. I did not adore Cadie. Gasp! Cadie was just a young girl when this all went down but I was so angry at her for not contacting Liam after she left the island. Sure, she was young but what young person listens to their parents anyway?

That said, this story is a reminder at just how quickly your life can change and how having a little bit of faith can lead you in the right direction. It’s got a fabulous setting, a little bit of romance and some soul-searching, weightier issues to consider. There’s something for everyone.

For more reviews, visit my blog: Book Chatter. ( )
  tibobi | Aug 25, 2015 |

Over twenty-five years ago, Liam Tate and Acadia McCormick Knox fell in love. It was summer on Nantucket, and eighteen-year-old Liam knew that wealthy, college-bound Cadie was way out of league for a local boy who restored boats for a living. Yet the two became inseparable. After Cadie returned home to New York and discovered she was pregnant, her parents crushed any hope of communicating with the boy she'd left behind. Unanswered letters and calls couldn't change Liam's heart, but over the years he's settled into a simple, solitary life in his rambling beachfront house. Now he's learned that Cadie is returning to Nantucket for the opening of her son's art show. Over a weekend of revelations and poignant memories, Cadie and Liam have an opportunity to confront the difference time can make, the truths that never alter, and the bittersweet second chances that arrive just in time to steer a heart back home.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,649,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible