Who Done It? by Olivier Tallec

Who Done It?

by Olivier Tallec

This book asks readers to look at collections of characters and distinguish which ones are the answers to questions like "Who forgot their swimsuit?" and "Who is nervous?"
  Jackie.Spencer | Aug 10, 2016 |
Once my daughter caught on, she enjoyed it. A few of the scenarios she didn't get, which makes me think this would be best for elementary school aged children. Even so, she still had fun with it and asked to read it again. It is different than any book that I've ever read. I liked that my daughter and I could interact and discuss which one was the right one.

Pros: What fun for curious minds and budding detectives! Who Done It? is an interactive and engaging read aloud that can be use for many things at home and in a classroom setting.

There's more to our review. Visit The Reading Tub®. While you’re there, add a link to your review of the book.
  TheReadingTub | Apr 22, 2016 |
"Who ate all the jam?" A seemingly simple question, but one that can only be answered by carefully examining all the "suspects" - a smiling beaver, a boy on a bench, a rabbit running with a balloon, a boy walking his dog, a sleepy bear, a raccoon, a wide-eyed blue fox with a splotchy red nose, cheeks, and tummy? Perhaps we've found our man!

Each question has 8 to 10 creatures that might have "done it." It will take patience and observation to find the answer. My favorite question?

"Who couldn't hold it?"
(I think we know how to find that one!)

Not a book to be shared with a crowd, but one to be savored in a one-on-one setting. Cute!

http://shelf-employed.blogspot.com ( )
  shelf-employed | Oct 21, 2015 |
I didn't solicit this book but I'm so happy it made it's way to our door. Just hysterical. And so much fun!!

First, this is a tall, thin book that you read sideways. The pages are paired and at the top of the top page is a question such as "Who didn't get enough sleep?" or "Who ate all the jam?"

Beneath that text is the first line of possible culprits. There's also another line of suspects on the next page.

What makes these vignettes so engaging are the expressions and activities of the characters. Each child or critter bears little similarity to his buddies. They might be wearing a mask or banging on a drum. They might be smiling or looking annoyed.

AND the fun is that kids will have to look at each character and determine whether they look like the 'guilty' party.

~
We love this little book. The kids I've shared this with love that you have to turn the book sideways, and they get quiet --at least for a while-- as they analyze what's going on with each character.

Kids of all ages will pick this book up. My teens did. WHO DONE IT? though is probably for the Kindergarten and younger age range.

As a mom who likes a book that is more than just pretty, I really like there is some practice for little ones in identifying expressions.

Fun and filled with goofy kid-friendly humor. Can you figure out Who Forgot their swimsuit?

~review copy ( )
  PamFamilyLibrary | Aug 8, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,115,150 books! | Top bar: Always visible