Sorceress of the Witch World by Andre Norton

Sorceress of the Witch World (1968)

by Andre Norton

Kaththena, a witch, though held captive tries to help a different race find freedom. Also use from this series Three against the Witch World, Web of the Witch World (both 1972), and Year of the Unicorn (1974).

Again just as great as the first reading. ( )
  marysneedle | Mar 28, 2013 |

Andre Nortonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Castle, PhilipCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gaughan, JackCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jones,JeffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pesch, HelmutIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Roediger, Susi-MariaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Walker, HughForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The freezing breath of the Ice Dragon was strong and harsh over the heights, for it was midwinter, and the dregs of a year which had been far from kind to me and mine.

"I SUMMON YOUR BANNER!"

With these words Katthea the sorceress called forth a power such as no longer existed on the distant planet known as the Witch World.

It was a power so great that it could destroy all that she loved best - and might even prove to be a greater evil than the shadow itself.

Yet there could be no other choice for Kaththea than to call on Hilarion in the death-naming. For she was a witch deprived of power and she needed a guide to regain her lost skills and her lost world. there was on this ancient one, the opener of gates, with force mighty enough ....

Sorceress of the witch World completes and rounds out Andre Norton's fabulous series.
    "I am one of three,

three who once became one when there was need: Kylln the warrior, Kemoc the seer-warlock, Kaththea the witch. So my mother named us at our single birthing; so we were."

Thus opens the final saga of Andre Norton's already classic WITCH WORLD novels. SORCERESS OF THE WITCH WORLD is the dramatic and fabulous novel of Kaththea, sister-witch-protectress, daughter of an Earthman and an Estcarp Wise Woman.

Kaththea's destiny had yet to be resolved - and in her efforts to regain her knowledge of the forbidden sciences of that strange world we are drawn into a series of adventures which put a fitting and breathtaking climax to this series. It is a full-length novel, complete in itself, of fantastic adventures among strange reaces and on alien worlds, of high magic and low, and of wizardry and super-science

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,803,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible