Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

Keep Me Posted by Lisa Beazley

Keep Me Posted

by Lisa Beazley

Cassie and Sid are sisters who live very far apart. They decide during the holidays that they will begin corresponding by physical letters.
It's a chance to get to connect and get to know each other better as adults.

Cassie and Sid both have their dramas. Cassie is feeling unfulfilled, bored with her life. She's got a great husband and the kids she always wanted, but she's not as happy as she thought she'd be.
Sid is in Singapore with her husband and two children. She barely knows anyone there and her husband is always away.

The two sisters send letters pouring their hearts out, telling each other things you'd only tell a spouse or closest friend.
But through a weird glitch, Cassie winds up actually posting all of their letters online. Then she has a lot of explanations and apologies owed to others.

Funny at times, sweet at others. I liked it but didn't love it. I didn't like Cassie that much for a lot of the book. I mean, I get it, if Cassie was perfect then she wouldn't have had anything to be embarrassed about when her secrets got out. ( )
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
This was a bit of a slow start for me -- I almost consigned it to the DNF pile when I was about 10% in. But that 10% had gone quickly, so I stuck with it, and am glad I did.

I think the slow start is due in large part to the beginning's low stakes. Okay, so two sisters who live half a world apart, inspired by their grandparents' love letters, decide to keep in touch for the next year by snail mail. It's a nice idea, but whether they succeed or fail, so what?

Then the stakes get raised. Each sister is confessing problems with her marriage, and somehow their epistles are published on a blog, and it seems like their letter-writing could have some serious consequences!

On the whole, I thought this was a sweet, easy read, and it left me a little nostalgic for the days of real, handwritten mail. At the same time, the relationship that for me rang most true was Cassie's with her husband, not with her sister Sid. Still, this would make a good gift for a sister with whom you're hoping to keep in better touch.

Note: I received a complimentary copy of this ebook from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  BraveNewBks | Aug 8, 2017 |
To be honest, in the beginning I had to warm up to the story and the sisters. In fact, I was starting to have mixed emotions about this book. It was like...I like it but I am not sure if I like it. However, it only took me getting several chapters in to really start to settle into the story. Plus, Sid helped with my point of view on this story. Cassie took longer for me to embrace her (half way mark). This is because from the start I thought that Cassie was critical; whereas, Sid was more open and embraced life. Hearing her experience with her housekeeper and life in Bangkok was entertaining.

When the half way mark came, the story shifted and Cassie became less critical. When she lost it on the guy in line behind her at the coffee shop I was right there with the barista cheering her. Or the moment when her youngest had an accident and he took off down the street half naked with joy. Cassie took out her phone to film and enjoy the moment. What really made this book was getting back to the basics. There was very little mention of social media. It was just the pure emotion and anticipation of waiting for the next letter. ( )
  Cherylk | Jul 31, 2017 |
Many thanks to Net Galley, Text Publishing and Lisa Beazley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Cassie and her sister Sid are not only siblings, they are best friends. But, with the happenings of daily life they find it hard to keep in touch. Sid suggests they write each other letters and through these letters secrets and/or confessions are revealed. Cassie makes a huge mistake with the letters that broadcasts the letter on the internet. This brings an audience waiting to see what happens or what will be disclosed next. I really liked this book because it is a lighthearted read and felt like this could happen to anyone.
  CorTim2 | Apr 4, 2017 |
Many people stay connected with family, friends and school buddies through social media. It's amazing and a very helpful tool. But what happens when a sister challenges her sibling to dump social media and to become penpals? Something very personal and embarrassing stuff lands all over media and passed on like the latest gossip...

Keep Me Posted, by Lisa Beazley, is about Cassie and her sister Sidney. She and Sid live half a world away and decided, while celebrating at Christmas time, to become penpals. Through these letters, wifey complaints, child-rearing, and household help are discussed. But when Cassie decides to keep the letters on file for future reading, on an online diary, things get out of hand- especially when a mistake she makes against her family is up for debate with readers around the world!

When I review books, I do my best to stay positive and say only nice things, pointing out only a few of the negatives I find, to keep from turning other readers away...
Ratings: 👓👓👓out of 5 specs
*One to Go is next.
**http://bit.ly/KeepMePostedNovel ( )
  AReneeHunt | Oct 20, 2016 |

"What would happen if the intimate secrets you shared with your sister suddenly went viral? Sisters Cassie and Sid Sunday have not done a bang-up job of keeping in touch. In their defense, it hasn't been easy: Life veered in sharply different directions for the once-close sisters. Today, beautiful and bighearted Sid lives an expat's life of leisure in far-off Singapore, while harried, iPhone-clutching Cassie can't seem to make it work as a wife and mom to twin toddlers in Manhattan. It doesn't help that Sid spurns all social media while Cassie is addicted to Facebook. So when Sid issues a challenge to reconnect the old-fashioned way--through real, handwritten letters--Cassie figures, why not? The experiment exceeds both of their expectations, and the letters become a kind of mutual confessional that have real and soul-satisfying effects. And they just might have the power to help Cassie save her marriage, and give Sid the strength to get her life back on track. But first, one of Cassie's infamous lapses in judgment comes back to bite her, and all of the letters wind up the one place you'd never, ever want to see them: the Internet"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,527,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible