The Lost World: Junior Novelisation by Gail…

The Lost World: Junior Novelisation

by Gail Herman

Other authors: Michael Crichton

First, I had to wrap my head around the fact that the book was very different from the movie. I know, I know... but I fell into the trap all the same. In the first book, most of the movie characters get killed off, so there are new characters in this one, other than Ian (who I do like). I just did not like anyone in this book, at all. Levine was an idiot, had no common sense, completely didn't care about other human beings, was obsessed, and just BLAH. Sarah Levine was just so smart, so strong, so knowledgeable and perfect, that though I liked her when her character was initially introduced, by the next chapter I couldn't stand her and thought she was BLAH. The kids were completely pointless... they were there to create additional drama, but you know nothing is going to happen to the kids, so once again BLAH and POINTLESS BLAH.

It took so long for the characters to even make it to the island, when one of the minor characters gets killed immediately by a dinosaur. OK, GREAT, something is happened! Now I'll start to like the book, right... Well, no. Nothing much happens for another 100 pages, finally you start to see the dinosaurs more regularly, there's a few great action scenes I did enjoy, but all in all, compared to the original book... BLAH. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
Not nearly so good as the original JURASSIC PARK, but still an entertaining thriller. ( )
  BookConcierge | May 27, 2016 |
This came out just after the movie for the first one and was definitely highly anticipated, so much so that I don't think it could ever live up to the hype. Pure popcorn they even brought back the dead doctor Malcolm back to life (despite being dead dead dead) so that he could then appear in the next movie cause Goldblum is the man!!

I liked it and thought it was a great ride, not as good as the first by any means but still a decent time and I really loved Michaels writing style and love of big scary monsters. He does not need special effects to bring this stuff to life on the page.. ( )
  areadingmachine | Aug 19, 2014 |
After the success of the previous novel, Crichton had a lot to live up to. I'll admit, some could see this novel as merely more of the same. Like some of his other works, there are long passages of purely dialogue, but I think that is what makes his novels so great. He has a way of making his fiction completely believable by inserting actual facts and theories. Overall, I thought this was slightly less entertaining than the first book, but still a really enjoyable read. ( )
  es135 | Jan 14, 2012 |
Not as good as Jurassic Park, but still awesome. ( )
  Anagarika-Sean | Sep 25, 2010 |

Herman, GailAdaptorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Crichton, Michaelsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

This is the junior novelization of Michael Crichton's The Lost World, not the original work.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park Junior Novelisation captures all the thrills and chills of The Lost World story - with heart-stopping suspense, hair-raising action, and illustrated with colour photographs from the film. Something has survived...In 1993, an ambitious entrepreneur named John Hammond spoke four words which ushered in a new era of motion picture excitement and set worldwide boxoffice records..."Welcome to Jurassic Park". Now, a few years later, Hammond makes a startling confession to scientist Ian Malcolm: another island of dinosaurs exists...an island where dinosaurs have been living and breeding in the wild...the Lost World.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 31 Oct 2015 20:35:26 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,520,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible