Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Bubonic Panic: When Plague Invaded America…

Bubonic Panic: When Plague Invaded America

by Gail Jarrow

I learned a lot by reading this book. But it took me a while to get through it. It is thoroughly researched and documented. There are cool primary source materials incorporated in the text and some gross out plague photos! The historical perspectives of epidemics and plague outbreaks over time gave a lot of insight and the fact that there are still some incidents today! ( )
  ewyatt | Oct 29, 2017 |
So, when I first picked up this book I thought "The Bubonic Plague came to America?" Then I was double surprised when I learned that it came to America in the 1900's! How had I not heard about this?! And then I was completely blown away when I read that people have died from the bubonic plague in the US as recently as 2014!!!
I loved reading about the history of the plague and the journey scientists made to finally discover it's source and eventually how to immunize for it. Today there are antibiotics that will save a person's life if it is caught early enough.
I loved how many photos there were in this book! The author did a fantastic job of making history and science truly enjoyable! ( )
  mollypitchermary | Oct 11, 2017 |

Examines "the true story of America's first plague epidemic--the public health doctors who desperately fought to end it, the political leaders who tried to keep it hidden, and the brave scientists who uncovered the plague's secrets"--Amazon.com.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,494,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible