Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay

Dexter in the Dark

by Jeff Lindsay

Series: Dexter (3)

Recently added bybob12, private library, FPLD, TseMoana, martinb1, LitaVore, ColorfulTsukuru, bigzach1984

English (90)  Spanish (1)  All (1)  All (92)
Synopsis: Dexter is going to marry Rita if he can last through all of the wedding preparations. However, in his private life, his Dark Passenger has disappeared and this leaves him completely disconcerted. There seems to be a single serial killer on the loose, but finding him is proving problematic since his description changes with every witness. Dexter wonders if it could be something supernatural.
Review: A bit spooky with allusions to demons and to King Solomon. It's also an interesting look at the interactions between Dexter and Cody who we find has the same Dark Passenger as Dexter. ( )
  DrLed | Feb 15, 2017 |
Well this was not quite the way I was expecting the series to go. I’m not so sure I really liked the supernatural-like elements. I did like Dex’s sense of humor. I laughed out loud a few times. His relationship with the children and his sister is interesting also. I’m continuing the series for sure. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Jeff Lindsay & Humphrey Bower
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Oh my … Apparently Dexter is possessed by a demon. The plotting is far-fetched and unbelievable. There’s enough true evil in the world for Dexter to combat without resorting to this cheap trick. Definitely NOT Lindsay’s best effort. ( )
  BookConcierge | Jan 20, 2016 |
Daft though the plot and the premise may be, by taking a comic, irreverent and politically incorrect turn, Jeff Lindsay not only animates a wickedly entertaining anti-hero but also breathes new life into a tired sub-genre of crime. Definitely Diverting Dexter.

The stuffy, academic thriller plot nearly suffocates Jeff Lindsay's usual wit.

...what a relief it is to find the amiable serial killer unspoiled by his success as the hero of the Showtime TV series he inspired.

IT remembered a sense of surprise, and then falling, but that was all.

In his work as a Miami crime scene investigator, Dexter Morgan is accustomed to seeing evil deeds. . . particularly because, on occasion, he commits them himself. But Dexter's happy existence is turned upside down when he is called to an unusually disturbing crime scene at the university campus. Dexter's Dark Passenger – mastermind of his homicidal prowess – immediately senses something chillingly recognizable and goes into hiding. Dexter is alone for the first time in his life, and he realizes he's being hunted by a truly sinister adversary. Meanwhile he's planning a wedding and trying to learn how to be a stepfather to his fiancé's two kids – who might just have dark tendencies themselves. Macabre, ironic, and wonderfully entertaining, Dexter in the Dark goes deeper into the psyche of one of the freshest protagonists in recent fiction.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:23 -0400)

Miami cop Dexter Morgan and serial killer (the Dark Passenger), one-in-the-same, investigate a double murder on the University of Miami campus while the burned and beheaded body count continues to mount.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,373,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible