Finding My Pack by Lane Whitt

Finding My Pack

by Lane Whitt

811,035,133 (4.67)None

**spoiler alert** It is parts like these that kept me reading (and laughing):

They meet each other’s eyes, communicating without saying a word. Boys are weird. I feel left out of the weird eye talk. I think about crossing mine just to be included, wondering what message I’d be sending.--pp. 17-18

No one should ever be sad in a bed made of clouds.--p. 31

———

"Can you put it in a ponytail today?" I ask, still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

He makes a face. "Sure, why?”

"Because everyone is always tucking my hair behind my ears. I don't think they like it very much." I say, thinking about how much my hair must annoy them.

Logan laughs so hard he doubles over. "Sure Kitten, I'll pull it back for you, but I don't think they do it because of that." He manages to say after his laughing fit.--pp. 66-67

———

After I fill the tub with water and bubbles, I use the hair tie from my ponytail and wrap my hair up in a bun. I sink into the hot water, feeling my body relax. I can't believe what a crazy day I've had. Werewolves not only exist, but I'm living with them. I'm in a werewolf’s bathtub right now. A werewolf that owns bubble bath. I giggle to myself. I guess I've never been normal, but even here I'm an outcast. I really don’t fit in. A Kitten amongst wolves. Ha! I crack myself up sometimes.--p. 85

———

"What are you doing?" I can barely understand him with his face buried in the pillow.

"Oh, nothing. I've decided to become your new creepy stalker, that's all. I buried your old one out back, hope you don't mind." I say, deadpan.

Tristan grumbles something and turns his head toward me. "Someone woke up in weirdo mode," He says.

I widen my eyes and give him the creepiest smile I can manage without a mirror. "You have a squishy face, and I shall call you squishy face and you shall be mine."

Tristan bursts out laughing before he smacks me with a pillow right in my face, causing me to go into a giggle fit. "Oh my God, you are such a strange little thing. I had no idea. You've been walking around here pretending to be a good little girl while hiding all your scary.”--pp. 86-87

———

I lean on my toes, whispering in his ear. "Logan, those people have guns, we need to get out of here. If we move slowly, they might not see us." Instead of moving to leave though, Logan bursts out laughing, bending at the waist. The noise draws the attention of the gun holders.

I keep my eyes on them as Logan keeps laughing. I feel like kicking him in the shin.--pp. 120-121

———

My guys surround me as the stupid tears threaten to fall again. "Is this all for me?" I ask in wonder.

Jace starts to answer, but Tristan interrupts him. "Don't tell her anything here is definitely hers. I don't think they'd like if we took the basketball hoop with us on our way out." Tristan winks at me, and I stick my tongue out at him. He does it back.

"As I was saying. Yes, Kitten, this is your party, but, it's for everyone to enjoy." Jace high fives Tristan and I kick him in the shin. Lightly, after all, that was pretty funny.--pp. 269-270

———

I watch in disbelief as a group of tiny little girls reduce big, strong Ash, to a pony and take turns, two or three at a time, riding his back as he crawls around on his hands and knees.

"I wish Reed had his camera right now," I mutter.

"Already a step ahead of you sweetie." I look over to Tristan, and he has his phone out, pointing it at Ash. I lean back to look at the screen.

"Are you taking pictures with that?" I ask.

"Better, I'm recording a video of him. Blackmail's a bitch." He laughs.--pp. 270-271

———

I stretch out on the ground next to Reed, laying on my tummy and propping myself on my elbows like he is. The kids sitting across from us do the same, moving their coloring books to the other side of ours. Reed reaches over and hands me a few crayons from his box.

"I think he likes you." Says the girl, maybe eight years old, laying directly in front of Reed.

"Why do you say that?" I ask while I flip through, looking for what I want to color.

"Because he shared his crayons with you. Boys only do that if they like you. You should like him back. He must think you're special since he even gave you the blue one, not just the pink one that boys hate. You should probably fall in love with him now." Reed chokes at the last part, probably trying to hold back laughter. The girl never looks up from her coloring.

"Oh, really. And why should I do that?" I ask, playing along.

She drops her crayon, looking up at me like I'm the dumbest person on earth. "You should always love a boy who shares his crayons," She states seriously. I have to laugh at that.

I look to Reed, who seems to be giggling silently to himself as he shades in a purple monkey. "You're right. You gotta love a boy who shares his crayons." Reed looks up at me and smiles brilliantly.--pp. 272-273
#KIDLOGIC #CANTARGUE

———

"Did you eat too much ice cream and are only capable of nodding?" He asks with a smile in his voice. I look up at him and nod again. "Oh, Kitten. What am I gonna do with you?" He chuckles.

Remy bends down and scoops me up in his arms. I groan, holding my full tummy and resting my head on his shoulder. I feel his laughter rumble through him and groan again.

I hear a smack somewhere before I hear Logan's voice. "Damn Kellan, why'd you let her eat herself into a f*cking ice cream coma. We totally broke her on her damn birthday.”
[….]
"I just finished cleaning up. We should be set to go." Reed says.

"I got her shoes," Kellan says.

"Her shoes? Why did she take her shoes off?" Finn asks him.

"She said to make more room for ice cream. I don't think she was thinking clearly at that point." Kellan responds, making them all laugh as we head to the cars outside.--pp. 275-276

———

Besides, even I'm not brave enough to take chocolate away from Kitten.--p. 277 ( )
  magelet87 | Jan 18, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible