We'll Never Forget You, Roberto Clemente by…

We'll Never Forget You, Roberto Clemente

by Trudie Engel

"We'll Never Forget You, Roberto Clemente" was a great biographical book. Between the authors voice throughout the book and the unique character perspective, the story of Roberto Clemente is well documented. To begin the author narrates the story of Roberto Clemente with great detail while keeping the flow of the story easy and comprehensive. For example, Roberto "Threw the javelin so far, people said he was good enough to play in the Olympic games. But Roberto's first love was always baseball". This example shows how the author can describe the severity of Roberto's love for baseball while informing the reader of key details about Clemente. Furthermore, this biography has a very detailed perspective of Roberto Clemente. For instance, Roberto's very thoughts and feelings are documented when the author quotes Roberto saying, "the basket catch made it easier to get off a fast, hard throw". This biography on Roberto Clemente is excellent because of its detailed description of Clemente's life story. ( )
  Cdavie3 | Sep 29, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book for several reasons. One reason was the characters. Roberto Clemente was a great baseball player and philanthropist, and reading about him kept me interested the whole time. I also liked the language used in the book. It promotes good vocabulary with words like "turf", "engineer", and "altar". Baseball language is also heavily used, which can be a great tool for students interested in sports. The main idea of this book is perseverance and overcoming obstacles. After all, Clemente was born a poor boy in another country, and only through his perseverance did he make it to the big leagues! ( )
  rking17 | Sep 27, 2015 |
when i was in 5th grade i read this book for the first time.when i took it home that would be the first thing i would do is read this book.It was won off those books that you always had to read.and that was the book you would pick instead of goin out side with your friends.and the book that you read evry day all day.
How i can relate to this book is when i was in 1st grade i was in alittle baseball leauge tournament.But when i grew up i was on a basketball team.so that is why book we will never forget you Roberto Clemente is truly my favriot book. ( )
  Mrs.PilasClass | Jan 17, 2012 |
I didn't know about him.
He was a great baseball player. He won the award of the 1965 Nathinal League Batting Champion.
He was treated unfairly because of his black skin, but he never gave up.
I think highly of him. ( )
  moe.k | Jul 7, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0590688812, Mass Market Paperback)

The biography of this star hitter tells of his youth in Puerto Rico and his career with the Pittsburgh Pirates.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:07 -0400)

Traces the baseball career of the Puerto Rican who, though his life was cut short by a tragic accident, will always be remembered as an outstanding athlete and humanitarian, and the first Latin-American player to be voted to the Hall of Fame.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,501,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible