We'll Meet Again by Mary Higgins Clark

We'll Meet Again (1999)

by Mary Higgins Clark

English (12)  Spanish (2)  All languages (14)
I have not yet read this book.
  LynneQuan | Sep 21, 2017 |
Molly Carpenter Lasch is accused of murdering her husband quite brutally with a Remington bronze sculpture and is incarcerated on those charges. Her memory of that night was nonexistant until she was out on parole and bit by bit events of that evening started fitting into place. It was surprisingly easy to keep track of the characters in the book, and the ending was not at all anticipated. I enjoyed this novel and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys suspense. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
When I first started reading this book, I was fascinated by how quickly MHC can pull her reader into a story. I quickly remembered how enthralled I was while reading her other books. However, I seem to have forgotten how incredibly wordy she is. The last 27 pages of this book are the best - fast paced, gripping, and pure MHC; but it doesn’t counteract the 287 pages of extended dialogue, plodding stream of consciousness, and character bombardment. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
I loved this book. I had forgotten how much I love Mary Higgins Clark. She doesn't have a set formula, her characters are always fully fleshed out and the reader wants to keep reading.

Molly Carpenter Lasch was charged with the murder of her husband. A small band of friends, an investigative reporter and Molly's lawyer search for the truth as other suspicious deaths go on. ( )
  stillwaters12 | Apr 13, 2012 |
I usually LOVE MHC, and this one was a little disappointing. I was bored and kept waiting for it to pick up...Still an enjoyable read, just not nearly as enjoyable as many of her others! ( )
  TinyDancer11 | Feb 17, 2011 |

Clark, Mary Higginsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Maxwell, JanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Marilyn
My firstborn child
With love
The State of Connecticut will prove that Molly Carpenter Lasch, with the intent to cause death of her husband, Dr. Gary Lasch, did in fact cause his death; that as he sat at his desk, his back to her, she shattered his skull with a heavy bronze sculpture; that she then left him to bleed to death as she went upstairs to their bedroom and fell asleep....

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0671004565, Mass Market Paperback)

We'll Meet Again is filled with the ingredients that Mary Higgins Clark devotees will devour: fast-paced suspense, double-crossing villains, romantic intrigue, and a resounding showdown at the end. Harder to swallow is the excessive use of theatricals whenever the author describes a satanic like HMO, and its legion of evil doctors. The darkest knight of all is Peter Black, whose eyes "were cold, angry, menacing--certainly not the eyes of a healer." Still, melodrama aside, Higgins Clark still knows how to spin a good yarn.

Her heroine in We'll Meet Again is an investigative reporter named Fran Simmons, who is not unlike the bright, resourceful Dr. Susan Chandler in You Belong to Me. Fran has just been hired to work on a popular new TV show called True Crime. Coincidentally, her very first assignment involves an ex-pupil from her old high school, the posh Cranden Academy in Greenwich, Connecticut. Molly Lasch had been incarcerated in her mid-20s, accused of pulverizing her husband's head with a Remington bronze sculpture. The murder of this community doctor, and chief executive officer of a local HMO, stunned Greenwich.

For half a decade Molly claimed to have no memory of the event, but now out on parole, slivers of memory trickle back--and Molly informs the press that someone else was in the house at the time of her husband's murder. Few people believe her--even less so when a key witness from the original trial is stabbed to death and evidence links Molly to the scene of the crime. It's up to the ever vigilant Fran to investigate what the police won't--and she unearths some very dark and extremely dirty secrets that will further shock the quiet community. --Naomi Gesinger

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:20 -0400)

When Molly is paroled after being falsely convicted of murdering her husband, she beseeches her friend, investigative reporter Fran Simmons, to do an expose on her case and flush out the real killer

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,035,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible