Dragonfly Song by Wendy Orr

Dragonfly Song

by Wendy Orr

Dragonfly Song has just been awarded a silver Honour Book certificate by the CBCA. A well-deserved accolade. Here's my review from last year.

http://readingtime.com.au/dragonfly-song/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_mediu... ( )
  Elizabeth_Foster | Nov 3, 2017 |
I haven't felt this enchanted with a book since I read "Serafina and the Black Cloak." High praise for the writing style and kudos for the beautiful book cover illustration! I was honored to read this book and hope that one or all of my granddaughters will someday read it too and be just as smitten.

Thank you to Pajama Press for a copy for my review. ( )
  juju2cat | Oct 28, 2017 |

The little girl found under a bush has no name and cannot speak. Is she a miracle child who escaped the raiders, or is she a bad-luck child, the one who called the Bull King's ship to the island? No one sees the mama-stone around her neck, with the sign of the dragonfly. And only Luki, in training to leap the bulls, knows that she charmed the viper who would have killed him. When the girl turns twelve, she discovers her name - Aissa - and she knows that her one chance to live freely is to become a bull dancer, and be taken away to the island of the Bull King.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,391,948 books! | Top bar: Always visible