You: On A Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist…

You: On A Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet Oz

Series: YOU: The Owner's Manual (2)

This book is alright I suppose, but it was a bit boring to me. I was mistaken in what I thought it would contain. I thought it explained everything in much more detail than I was interested in. If you're looking for something that will inspire you during your dieting, you won't find it in here. If you're looking for clinical descriptions and how your body processes food, this is the book for you. ( )
  dorie.craig | Jun 22, 2017 |
I am on Weight Watchers and wanted to use this book as supplement to that program. The book has good suggestions but does not mention Weight Watchers at all. The book emphasizes exercise and right eating as most diet books do. The problem of weight loss lies with the individual and their choices. ( )
  Cataloger623 | Nov 23, 2016 |
Good info in the first half -- didn't read the second half yet.
  emblue | Jan 3, 2016 |
May or may not be for YOU: I have mixed feelings about this book. Even though we are all hoping to open up a weight loss book and find an effortless way to lose those unwanted pounds, we all know that the only way to lose weight is by eating less, exercising more, or both. Hence, if you strip away all the elf pictures and humor, 'You: On a Diet' really has nothing more to offer than that. So if you're looking for a new slant to things, or some cutting edge weight loss plan, you'll probably be disappointed. For example, one of the exercises the book tells you to do to lose weight is to walk. But I guess that might be good advice for readers who never thought of doing that to lose weight?

Having said that however, for what it is- a quite entertaining weight loss book that explains in plain language how your body gains/loses weight and details a sensible diet and exercise plan- it is well worth your time and money. Also recommend 'The Sixty-Second Motivator' because dieting and exercise are useless unless you're motivated to stick with them.
  lonepalm | Feb 5, 2014 |
An interesting look at the science behind appetite and exercise, some of which was ‘well duh’, but much was genuinely enlightening. A great under the hood look, with lots of practical tips and tricks. ( )
  ph8 | Feb 28, 2010 |

Roizen, Michael F.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Oz, Mehmetmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hallgren, GaryIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0743292545, Hardcover)

Book Description
For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting--and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers are unraveling biological secrets about such things as why you crave chocolate or gorge at buffets or store so much fat.

Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz, America's most trusted doctor team and authors of the bestselling YOU series, are now translating this cutting-edge information to help you shave inches off your waist. They're going to do it by giving you the best weapon against fat: knowledge. By understanding how your body's fat-storing and fat-burning systems work, you're going to learn how to crack the code on true and lifelong waist management.

Roizen and Oz will invigorate you with equal parts information, motivation, and change-your-life action to show you how your brain, stomach, hormones, muscles, heart, genetics, and stress levels all interact biologically to determine if your body is the size of a baseball bat or of a baseball stadium. In YOU: On a Diet, Roizen and Oz will redefine what a healthy figure is, then take you through an under-the skin tour of the organs that influence your body's size and its health. You'll even be convinced that the key number to fixate on is not your weight, but your waist size, which best indicates the medical risks of storing too much fat.

Because the world has almost as many diet plans as it has e-mail spammers, you'd think that just about all of us would know everything there is to know about dieting, about fat, and about the reasons why our bellies have grown so large. YOU: On a Diet is much more than a diet plan or a series of instructions and guidelines or a faddish berries-only eating plan. It's a complete manual for waist management. It will show you how to achieve and maintain an ideal and healthy body size by providing a lexicon according to which any weight-loss system can be explained. YOU: On a Diet will serve as the operating system that facilitates future evolution in our dieting software. After you learn about the biology of your body and the biology and psychology of fat, you'll be given the YOU Diet and YOU Workout. Both are easy to learn, follow, and maintain. Following a two-week rebooting program will help you lose up to two inches from your waist right from the start.

With Roizen and Oz's signature accessibility, wit, and humor, YOU: On a Diet--The Owner's Manual for Waist Management will revolutionize the way you think about yourself and the food you consume, so that you'll diet smart, not hard. Welcome to your body on a diet.

Amazon.com Exclusive
"Fat Chances: The Secret Story of What's in Your Belly" by Michael F. Roizen, MD, and Mehmet C. Oz, MD
Whether you're carrying a few extra pounds of fat on your thighs or a suitcase's worth in your belly, it's hard not to think about fat. You feel it when you walk, you roll on it when you sleep, and you curse it when you try to slide into last year's jeans. But while most of us are intimately familiar with how fat looks on the outside, we're not quite as familiar with how it works on the inside.

As we explain in YOU: On a Diet, we believe that to change your body, you need to know your body.

In the simplest form, everyone knows the formula for gaining weight. Daily buckets of ranch dip plus photo-album-sized hunks of cheesecake plus a life of couch-dwelling equals a very unfortunate conclusion: too-frequent popped buttons.

But many of us really don't know how fat works and how it works against us. Here's the inside story on the story of your insides.

Continue reading this exclusive essay

Amazon.com Exclusive
YOU: On a Diet--The Shopping List
Print out this exclusive shopping list, created by Michael F. Roizen, MD, Mehmet C. Oz, MD, and UnitedHealthcare, to get a jumpstart on the waist-reducing, health-boosting plan you'll find in YOU: On a Diet.

Check out the exclusive Shopping List

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:40 -0400)

Provides advice, an eating plan, and exercises designed to help people achieve a sustained loss of abdominal fat and live a healthier life.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,069,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible