Little Leaders: Visionary Women Around the…

Little Leaders: Visionary Women Around the World

by Vashti Harrison

562320,791 (5)2
"Brief, illustrated bios of women creators around the world"--Featuring the true stories of women creators and thinkers from around the world, throughout history, this book shows that sometimes seeing things a little differently can lead to big changes. Some names are well known, some are not, but all the women had a lasting effect on the fields they workd in. Whether they were breaking ground for innovative structures or breaking rules and creating new ones, the women profiled here not only made a place for themselves in the world but made the world a better place to live.… (more)

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

Little Dreamers: Visionary Women Around the World was beautifully written with amazing illustrations! It was only after starting this post that I realized all of the women have their eyes closed. I wonder if there's a reason or significance for that? Regardless, the illustrations really complemented the information being shared about each woman.

Like with the other book, most of these woman were unfamiliar. I think I actually preferred not knowing anyone, because it made for an even more enjoyable learning experience. This one is meant for younger readers, which is why I think my son paid closer attention to this one. Vashti Harrison was able to condense the information about each individual woman and present it in a way that was both informative and interesting.

I believe books like this are really important, and I'm happy that they are going to be out in the world. I want my children to know that they have the potential and the ability to do great things, and that their gender doesn't matter. It's books like this that give me hope for a better future for my children.

Originally posted at Do You Dog-ear? on November 16, 2018. ( )
  doyoudogear | Oct 11, 2019 |
In the follow up to Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History, Harrison introduces readers to more trailblazing women around the world.

This book is the same format as little leaders. Super cute illustrations with biographies about women who have changes the world. But instead of just African American women, this book talks about women from all around the world. This book does a great job of introducing children to even more women who have changed the course of history! ( )
  KailiMarion | Dec 9, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,746,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible