Suffer the Little Children by Donna Leon

Suffer the Little Children (2007)

by Donna Leon

Recently added bySmiler69, astraplain, UPMarta, private library, SigmundFraud, Paenultima

English (15)  German (3)  Spanish (2)  Catalan (1)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (23)
Carey bought at CDG for 13,90€

I love these books. I love her descriptions of Venice, I love the descriptions of the food and I just love her writing in general. This book's ending is a bit more satisfying than usual. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
This Brunetti installment begins with a late night raid on a home where an apparent illegally adopted child resides. Brunetti's investigation delves into the morality of unwanted children being "sold" for adoption.

Ms Leon takes the reader through the corruption in the medical records arena and leaves the reader wondering if the illegal adoptions are really wrong.

Another enjoyable installment. ( )
  cyderry | Dec 21, 2013 |
I found the entire book completely pedestrian and the characters unbelievable. Her turns of phrase are awkward. There were portions of the dialog and story that the author repeated herself on the same page. You said it once. Enough. I got it the first time. If I didn't have this odd compulsion to finish everything I start I would have put this book down after 10 pages. I wish I did after the utterly unfulfilling ending rent with loose ends. ( )
  Cathyvil | Apr 7, 2013 |
Another nice episode in the Guido Brunetti series. If you are a first time reader of Leon and you are expecting a thrilling mystery or police procedural, you will be disappointed, but for lovers of the Commissario and his family, this is great stuff. They do drink a lot, though, don't they?” ( )
  mojacobs | Feb 15, 2011 |
Disappointing story, series obviously not as good as before ( )
  BjornFr | May 31, 2010 |
Welche Freude wird das sein,
Wenn die Götter uns bedenken,
Unsrer Liebe Kinder schenken,
So liebe kleine Kinderlein!

How happy we will be
If the gods are gracious
And bless our love with children,
With darling little children!
--Die Zauberflöte
--The Magic Flute
Mozart
For Ravi Mirchandani
'. . . and then my daughter-in-law told me that I should come in and tell you about it.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0143113615, Mass Market Paperback)

A riveting new mystery from international bestseller Donna Leon

Donna Leon?s Commissario Brunetti series has made Venice?a city that?s beautiful and sophisticated, but also secretive and corrupt?one of mystery fans? most beloved locales. In this brilliant new book, Brunetti is summoned to the hospital bed of a respected pediatrician, where he is confronted with more questions than answers. Three men had burst into the doctor?s apartment, attacked him, and kidnapped his eighteen-month-old son. What could have motivated an assault so violent that it has left the doctor mute? And could this crime be related to the moneymaking scam run by pharmacists that Brunetti?s colleague has recently uncovered? As Brunetti delves deeper into the case, a story of infertility, desperation, and illegal dealings begins to unfold.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:43 -0400)

A brutal attack on a pediatrician by a Carabiniere captain and two privates, who also take away the doctor's eighteen-month-old son, draws Commissario Guido Brunetti into a dangerous case involving a ring of baby traffickers.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,140,625 books! | Top bar: Always visible