Suffer the Little Children by Donna Leon

Suffer the Little Children (2007)

by Donna Leon

Recently added byprivate library, dottieph, ekjansen, justella, rojalist, 4powells, mmoj, Kakiyama, cctesttc1, Vegemite

English (19)  German (3)  Spanish (2)  Catalan (1)  French (1)  Finnish (1)  All (27)
The parallels were aggressively pat, but the narrative was still interesting. The antipathy between the carabineri and the regular police force was interesting. Are the carabineri analogous to our state troopers? ( )
  themulhern | Jan 6, 2017 |
A very ponderous outing for Commissario Brunetti. A bit too much moralising and lacking in action. ( )
  sianpr | Dec 11, 2016 |
All through this book, I couldn’t figure out why I kept reading it. I guess it is because I am very interested in the Italian people and their worldviews. I kept waiting for the exciting beginning to pay off (Midnight raid by corrupt national police. Baby selling.), but all that happened is I ended up a bit angry at myself for wasting time. Nothing much happens in the middle 200 or so pages, and the ending concerns the “B” plot, which is never linked to the “A” plot, and neither one is resolved. ( )
  memccauley6 | May 3, 2016 |
Another great Donna Leon audiobook! I love the way we see into the detective's family and feelings about a case. It seems more real and more complete. David Colacci is a wonderful reader. This is a challenging case. I could understand the character's frustration and anger. Well done! ( )
  njcur | Apr 26, 2016 |
Carey bought at CDG for 13,90€

I love these books. I love her descriptions of Venice, I love the descriptions of the food and I just love her writing in general. This book's ending is a bit more satisfying than usual. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
Welche Freude wird das sein,
Wenn die Götter uns bedenken,
Unsrer Liebe Kinder schenken,
So liebe kleine Kinderlein!

How happy we will be
If the gods are gracious
And bless our love with children,
With darling little children!
--Die Zauberflöte
--The Magic Flute
Mozart
For Ravi Mirchandani
'. . . and then my daughter-in-law told me that I should come in and tell you about it.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0143113615, Mass Market Paperback)

A riveting new mystery from international bestseller Donna Leon

Donna Leon?s Commissario Brunetti series has made Venice?a city that?s beautiful and sophisticated, but also secretive and corrupt?one of mystery fans? most beloved locales. In this brilliant new book, Brunetti is summoned to the hospital bed of a respected pediatrician, where he is confronted with more questions than answers. Three men had burst into the doctor?s apartment, attacked him, and kidnapped his eighteen-month-old son. What could have motivated an assault so violent that it has left the doctor mute? And could this crime be related to the moneymaking scam run by pharmacists that Brunetti?s colleague has recently uncovered? As Brunetti delves deeper into the case, a story of infertility, desperation, and illegal dealings begins to unfold.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:03 -0400)

A brutal attack on a pediatrician by a Carabiniere captain and two privates, who also take away the doctor's eighteen-month-old son, draws Commissario Guido Brunetti into a dangerous case involving a ring of baby traffickers.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,270,526 books! | Top bar: Always visible