Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs by…

The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs

by Katherine Howe

1311,039,743 (5)1

No tags.

I knew when I started this book it was by the same author that wrote The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane, which I just loved back 20 years ago. What I didn't know was this book is a continuation of that book, and when I started to think the characters and the setting seemed familiar, and then made the connection - I was SO psyched! And I was not disappointed.

When I see a book about witches I want old school, Salem witch type witches and I want magic, and spells and herbs and stones and all things witchy. This book delivered all those things in droves. It's told in an alternating story line between the 1600s and modern day, which normally I don't love, but in this case kept me very firmly grounded in the book's witchy-ness.

I can't fully express how happy I have been to read this, all I can say is, if you loved The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane then you will probably love this. And if you haven't read The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane, I highly suggest you hurry up and read it so you can enjoy this one as much as I did.

A very, very huge thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an advanced copy to read in exchange for my honest opinion. ( )
  Kathl33n | Feb 12, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Katherine Howe's book The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,452,359 books! | Top bar: Always visible