Brando: Songs My Mother Taught Me by Marlon…

Brando: Songs My Mother Taught Me

by Marlon Brando

Other authors: Robert Lindsey

305None36,863 (3.59)9
Recently added byRobuzon, Bodoni, BiblioObsessed, Dureo, rh_widget, captnoir, ganderlibrary, rsarao, private library, Urana
(2) 20th century (2) acting (5) actors (16) American (3) autobiography (47) bio (4) biography (46) bios (1) Box 1 (2) Brando (11) Brando Marlon (2) celebrity (4) cinema (8) fiction (2) film (15) first edition (3) hardcover (2) Hollywood (6) MARLON (3) Marlon Brando (8) memoir (13) movie stars (2) movies (6) non-fiction (20) own (4) read (2) theatre (4) to-read (3) USA (2)

GREAT CONDITION! ( )
  leslie440 | Jan 5, 2012 |
The author Lindsey created an autobiography for Brando through interviews, manuscripts, and revision by the subject. There are excellent photographs from Brando's private collection. Who would have thought he was so close to his siblings, mother and father. He makes the point that acting was a job, and his true love was his island which he purchased but was also responsible for. For ten years he was able to enjoy it. No mention of specific lives, and children just called "children".

Information about the individual films is excellent. He seems to have not only acting but did quite a bit of work on scripts.

A short book, a quick read. ( )
  carterchristian1 | Jan 16, 2010 |

Marlon Brandoprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lindsey, Robertsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To my sisters, Tiddy and Frannie;
to G. L. Harrington, Clyde Warrior;
and Bobby Hutton;
and to my children who brought me up.

"This is Marlon Brando's own story, and his reason for telling it is best revealed in his own words: "I have always considered my life a private affair and the business of no one beyond my family and those I love. Except for moral and political issues that aroused in me a desire to speak out, I have done my utmost throughout my life, for the sake of my children and myself, to remain silent...But now, in my seventieth year, I have decided to tell the story of my life as best I can, so that my children can separate the truth from the myths that others have created about me, as myths are created about everyone swept up in the turbulent and distorting maelstrom of celebrity in our culture."" "To date there have been over a dozen books written about Marlon Brando, and almost all of them have been inaccurate, based on hearsay, sensationalist or prurient in tone. Now, at last, fifty years after his first appearance onstage in New York City, the actor has told his life story, with the help of Robert Lindsey."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,499,923 books! | Top bar: Always visible