Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas

The Robe

by Lloyd C. Douglas

Series: Robe (1)

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All languages (19)
My husband's a fan of Lloyd C. Douglas, and he says the movie strayed awfully far from the book.

Interesting read. I have some vocabulary words that I still need to look up some time. ( )
  CarolJMO | Dec 12, 2016 |
This book provides an insightful perspective on the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus and the effect on Judaism and the Roman Empire. It approaches the subject by telling a story about the Roman soldier in charge of the execution. It's a little slow in spots, but the ending is powerful. The--excessive--use--of--dashes--is--entirely--unnecessary--!!!--!! ( )
  krista.rutherford | May 13, 2015 |
  nettiebelles | Jun 13, 2013 |
177. The Robe, by Lloyd C. Douglas (read 19 Feb 1945) I started to read this book on or about Feb 14, 1945. On Feb 17, 1945, I said: "I got a lot read today in The Robe. Not so good. but it is OK, I guess. Simple, I think. It is a story of Jesus. It runs too much according to pattern--the known life of Jesus is woven into the main characters' lives. On Feb 19, 1945, I said: "Read a lot in The Robe today. Almost finished". On Feb 19, 1945, I said: Finished The Robe. OK at the end. But as a whole not good. Ben Hur was better. This book could have made better use of the Bible. ( )
  Schmerguls | Nov 18, 2012 |
This was a fantastic story that is compelling and draws the reader into a relationship with the characters. Well written and worth the time to read. ( )
  Marcel1972 | May 15, 2012 |

Douglas, Lloyd C.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Greeley, Andrew M.Introductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Langston, StuartNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Has the adaptation

Dedicated with appreciation to Hazel McCann, who wondered what became of The Robe.
Because she was only fifteen and busy with her growing up, Lucia's periods of reflection were brief and infrequent; but this morning she felt weighted with responsibility.

A Roman soldier, Marcellus, wins Christ's robe as a gambling prize. He then sets forth on a quest to find the truth about the Nazarene's robe-a quest that reaches to the very roots and heart of Christianity and is set against the vividly limned background of ancient Rome. Here is a timeless story of adventure, faith, and romance, a tale of spiritual longing and ultimate redemption.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:42 -0400)

Christ's robe has a strange effect on the pagan soldier who wins it in a dice game after the Crucifixion.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,476,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible