Winter Study by Nevada Barr

The first of the Anna Pigeon books that I really did not care for. There were too many characters that I didn't like - and not enough info about those I did. At one point I may have wanted the Wog to eat them all. I think I need a break from Anna for a bit. Her poor ankle. Did someone break Nevada's? ( )
  skinglist | Jul 1, 2015 |
Anna Pigeon. It is January, and Park Ranger Anna Pigeon is sent to Isle Royale in Lake Superior to learn about managing and understanding wolves, as her home base of Rocky Mountain National Park might soon have their own pack of the magnificent, much-maligned animals. She?s housed in the island?s bunkhouse with the famed wolf study team, along with two scientists from Homeland Security, who are assessing the study with an eye to opening the park each winter?effectively... ( )
  Tutter | Feb 26, 2015 |
I like a good mystery, but this one was too creepy, heavy and too "Adult" for me. This is my second Nevada Barr book; if it had been the first, I probably wouldn't try any more. I also read A Superior Death, which wasn't quite as "Adult". ( )
  sail7 | Oct 25, 2014 |
The beginning was slow and the ending was abrupt. But Barr kept me reading with an atmosphere like no other. And the woman knows how to end a chapter.

Petrea Burchard
Camelot & Vine ( )
  PetreaBurchard | Feb 9, 2014 |
Nevada Barr always writes a winner! ( )
  cougargirl1967 | Jan 5, 2014 |
For Mr. Paxton. He dedicated his life to rescuing people. The most recent was me.
The Beaver was spotless. Anna'd never seen an airplane so clean.

Isle Royale in Lake Superior to study wolf management. Female member is savaged by wolves the refuge becomes a place of danger. With no electric, or running water and danger around the corner and temp near zero fighting for your life is hair raising

Soon after Anna Pigeon joins the famed wolf study team of Isle Royale National Park, giant wolf prints are found, and she spies the form of a great wolf from a surveillance plane. When a female member of the team is savaged, Anna is convinced they are being stalked, and what was once a beautiful, idyllic refuge becomes a place of unnatural occurrences and danger beyond the ordinary.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:08 -0400)

Visiting an isolated Lake Superior isle to study wolf behavior, ranger Anna Pigeon joins a scientific group that subsequently discovers unusual DNA evidence suggesting that a giant and dangerous wolf hybrid has been introduced by an unknown source.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,480,565 books! | Top bar: Always visible