Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Embezzler by Louis Auchincloss

The Embezzler (1966)

by Louis Auchincloss

thoroughly enjoyed the same story told from 3 different perspectives...it helps explain why we sometimes get so balled up on the details of any given event in real life....we all have a slightly different view........for some reason i just like the whole body of Auchincloss's work..can't really explain it..i just do.....and i've got lots more of it on my shelf to read!! yay ( )
  jeffome | Sep 17, 2009 |
One of the best "novels of business" I've ever read. It's also, technically, a crime novel, but, well, that's not how a normal person would categorize it. ( )
  wirkman | Apr 2, 2007 |
For two Blakes:  My son Blake Leay and his grandfather, Blake Lawrence

CRIME & MYSTERY. "The Embezzler", first written in 1966, uses conflicting narrative voices and viewpoints to illuminate the fabled dimensions of American economic history as it was then understood. Inspired by the documented facts of the Wall Street fraud case that led the United States government to take control of the American stock market. "The Embezzler" tells the life story of Guy Prime, who was born into wealth, enjoyed his youth, and eventually ended up in prison after he tried to secure loans against money he did not have and his embezzlements were revealed. Whatever the reasons for his gradual lapse into crime and his eventual disgrace, Guy Prime remains one of Louis Auchincloss' most engaging characters. Auchincloss' multi-narrator technique allows the reader to have a vivid sense of what transpired. This is classic Auchcloss, on a subject that illumines current events.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,494,848 books! | Top bar: Always visible