The Class of 1846 by John C. Waugh

The Class of 1846 (1994)

by John C. Waugh

Great read - well written - Enhances my understanding of the Civil War ( )
  busterrll | Sep 27, 2014 |
This book focuses on the West Point Class of 1846 which had a number of future Civil War generals in it including Stonewall Jackson, George McClellan, A.P. Hill, and George Pickett. It was incredibly interesting, yet somewhat uneven. I have never read a character study about these men and I learned a lot about who they were as men. The chapter about Jackson and Ewell (The Odd Couple) is one of the best things I've read in a long, long time. The author;s style is what was uneven. He writes very accessibly, but it seems at points to vary between a book and someone who loves history telling stories to a classroom. This is a minor quibble, but it's something I caught several times throughout. That said, it's a very unique way of looking at some major figures of the Civil War and I'm glad to have read it and can recommend it to you. ( )
  sergerca | Sep 15, 2013 |

Follows the West Point class of 1846--including such famous military leaders as George McClellan, Stonewall Jackson, and George Pickett--through their military careers. 17,500 first printing. History Bk Club Main. BOMC Alt.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:20 -0400)

Members of the West Point class of 1846 fought in three wars and produced 20 generals.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,010,321 books! | Top bar: Always visible