Superfudge by Judy Blume

Superfudge (1980)

by Judy Blume

English (61)  German (1)  All languages (62)
Its an Ok book it has some parts that was funny. I would kill myself if I had a bother like Fudge. Thank god I am an only child. ( )
  Sam-Teegarden | Jun 2, 2018 |
These are from the Fudge series books and are great book for beginning chapter book readers. They will make you laugh when you see what trouble Peter is up to. Peter is forced to move and is upset because he has to make new friends.
You can teach point of view, characteristics, and theme. ( )
  Sydneyls | Apr 23, 2018 |
This book is about a sixth grade student named Peter who lives in New York City. He has a little brother known as Fudge and soon finds out that he will have another baby brother. Peter begins to worry if his new baby sister will create the same problems as Fudge. The chapter book goes on to describe the sequence of events that Peter follows as he attempts to escape, moves to the suburbs, and realizes that his new baby sister is the opposite of Fudge. I have read several Judy Blume books in the past but never really enjoyed them. However, this is a cute book that I was able to relate to especially when I was little with a younger brother and sister. This book is suitable for grades third through fifth and can be used to teach prediction and sequencing of different events. ( )
  LauraRothfuss | Apr 23, 2018 |
Fudge wasn’t nearly as obnoxious in this book as he was in the first. The addition of the baby did much to highlight Fudge’s deficiencies and almost made me feel as though his parents don’t love him, but rather tolerate him. ( )
  benuathanasia | Jan 5, 2017 |
I loved this book as a kid, but I have to ditch this copy; it's been updated and I want my edition to be the horribly outdated one I read as a kid. I'm certain when I read this the first time Peter did not ask Santa for an mp3 player or a laptop computer.

Still, most of the book is unchanged and it's less hilarious to adult me as it was to kid me but only because adult me gets what's going on as Peter's life gets turned upside down with a move and a new baby sister and a change in his father's employment status. However, adult me still thought the part where Fudge tried to sell, give away, and finally pay someone to take, his sister was as hilarious as it was the first time I read it.

Superfudge is as relevant as it ever was; I hope kids continue to discover Judy Blume for years to come. ( )
  murderbydeath | Nov 20, 2016 |
For Larry, without whom there would be no Fudge, and for all my readers who have asked for another book about him.
Life was going along okay when my mother and father dropped the news.

Nothing is simple for twelve-year-old Peter Hatcher. And nothing drives him up the wall quicker than the off-the-wall antics of his little brother, Farley Drexel Hatcher - otherwise known as Fudge. Calling his new kindergarten teacher 'Rat Face' or wanting to be a bird when he grows up - Fudge hasn't changed a bit since his escapades in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. According to Peter, Fudge is still the biggest pain ever invented.

And now, as if Fudge weren't trouble enough, there's a new baby on the way and the family is moving to Princeton for a year. Can Peter survive a year away from Sheila Tubman, Jimmy Fargo, and his favorite rock in Central Park? Could anyone survive having the irrepressible Fudge as a brother and a schoolmate? Maybe Superman could - but then, Superman never met Fudge!

Fans young and old will laugh out loud at the irrepressible wit of peter Hatcher, the hilarious antics of mischievous Fudge, and the unbreakable confidence of know-it-all sheila tubman in Judy blume’s five Fudge books. brand-new covers adorn these perennial favorites, and will entice a whole new generation of Fudge—and Judy blume—fans.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:31 -0400)

Peter describes the highs and lows of life with his younger brother, Fudge.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,652,266 books! | Top bar: Always visible