dismiss

Superfudge by Judy Blume

Superfudge (1980)

by Judy Blume

Peter describes the highs and lows of life with his younger brother Fudge.
Recently added byTanya_Mendoza18, LibraryMom4, private library, jaeminuf, nitsua60, MsWoznick, erinandjon, HTStotts

English (65)  German (1)  All languages (66)
Peter and his little brother Fudge move to Princeton with their family for a year while Dad tries to write a book. New School, new friends, a myna bird and a baby sister complicate things. ( )
  LindaLeeJacobs | Feb 15, 2020 |
Peter and his parents have a very different idea of what constitutes a "good" surprise: (1) a new baby, and (2) moving to New Jersey (specifically Princeton).

Read w/ L (print and audio), she loved it. ( )
  JennyArch | Oct 16, 2019 |
Just finished a re-read (hadn't read this since I was a kid!) and was glad to see this book was still funny. I remember thinking Fudge was incredibly annoying (yet funny!) and feeling so sorry for Pet-ah. And thinking how weird and funny this family was. Now that I have a 2 year old daughter, I see Fudge as actually a pretty cute but actually fairly accurately portrayed little kid (if mine is anything to go by?) and poor Peter as also an average older brother who feels looked over and jealous of his younger siblings. I'm also noticing how so realistic the parents reactions are! Great book.

akbooks | Sep 12, 2019 |
Elementary
  SteppLibrary | May 17, 2019 |
Its an Ok book it has some parts that was funny. I would kill myself if I had a bother like Fudge. Thank god I am an only child. ( )
  Sam-Teegarden | Jun 2, 2018 |
For Larry, without whom there would be no Fudge, and for all my readers who have asked for another book about him.
Life was going along okay when my mother and father dropped the news.

Nothing is simple for twelve-year-old Peter Hatcher. And nothing drives him up the wall quicker than the off-the-wall antics of his little brother, Farley Drexel Hatcher - otherwise known as Fudge. Calling his new kindergarten teacher 'Rat Face' or wanting to be a bird when he grows up - Fudge hasn't changed a bit since his escapades in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. According to Peter, Fudge is still the biggest pain ever invented.

And now, as if Fudge weren't trouble enough, there's a new baby on the way and the family is moving to Princeton for a year. Can Peter survive a year away from Sheila Tubman, Jimmy Fargo, and his favorite rock in Central Park? Could anyone survive having the irrepressible Fudge as a brother and a schoolmate? Maybe Superman could - but then, Superman never met Fudge!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,373,370 books! | Top bar: Always visible