Superfudge by Judy Blume

Superfudge (1980)

by Judy Blume

English (48)  German (1)  All languages (49)
This book is a continuation of Judy Bloom's "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing". Just when Peter got used to having one sibling , surprise! Mom is pregnant again, and the whole family is moving to Princeton for the year. We follow Peter, Fudge, new sister Tootsie and the rest of the family through their new life in New Jersey. This book is good to read in class because a lot of kids can relate to Peter and his life. Judy Blume has a remarkable way of telling stories from a child's point of view in a very humorous way. There are a lot of good conversation starters here. Such as how to deal with new siblings, how to deal with moving to a new school. My favorite is the lesson that running away from your problems doesn't help
1 vote KayleighAdamsRossi | Jul 15, 2014 |
1001 CBYMRBYGU

Peter just thought it was hard having an annoying little brother...wait until he has an annoying little brother, a new baby sister, and the family moves out of the city!

Ridiculous that I have never read this book before now. Happy I finally have. ( )
  debnance | Jun 27, 2014 |
I love this book! When I was younger, I was in love with the series, and I still am! The books are cute and funny, and I like how the book is centered around family instead of just friends. Family is very important. ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
I love Judy Blume’s “Fudge Series” so reading Superfudge was very enjoyable for me. The book has relatable characters for readers as well as a relatable plot. In Superfudge Peter learns that the family is going to be having another baby and he goes insane. “’How could you?’ I shouted. ‘How could you? Isn’t one enough?’” He is convinced that they will have another baby like his younger brother Fudge who is a nightmare and out of control. He says, “Another Fudge! Just what this family needs.” This is very relatable to any child who is expecting another sibling in the family and may be going through a similar problem as Peter. The style Judy Blume writes this book is very humorous which makes it very engaging for readers. As seen in the dialogue above it is funny how a fifth grader reacts to a situation like this. The main message of the story is that even though you may be going through a different and rough time in your life, everything will end up being okay and sometimes turn out to be better than predicted. ( )
  bkling1 | Mar 30, 2014 |
Read this aloud to my so-close-to-being-seven year old. There were many parts she laughed out loud about. The underlying message about family was nice. I was glad to have read it to her so I could edit some of the name calling etc. There is a chapter where Santa is discussed as being real or not - we skipped it with what seems like little disturbance to the overall story. There is some very mild middle school attraction in the book...it was very mild but my daughter still said "ewwww gross".

We may have read this a little too early. My daughter most identified with the middle boy who is in Kindergarten. ( )
  dms02 | Feb 27, 2014 |
For Larry, without whom there would be no Fudge, and for all my readers who have asked for another book about him.
Life was going along okay when my mother and father dropped the news.

Nothing is simple for twelve-year-old Peter Hatcher. And nothing drives him up the wall quicker than the off-the-wall antics of his little brother, Farley Drexel Hatcher - otherwise known as Fudge. Calling his new kindergarten teacher 'Rat Face' or wanting to be a bird when he grows up - Fudge hasn't changed a bit since his escapades in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. According to Peter, Fudge is still the biggest pain ever invented.

And now, as if Fudge weren't trouble enough, there's a new baby on the way and the family is moving to Princeton for a year. Can Peter survive a year away from Sheila Tubman, Jimmy Fargo, and his favorite rock in Central Park? Could anyone survive having the irrepressible Fudge as a brother and a schoolmate? Maybe Superman could - but then, Superman never met Fudge!

Fans young and old will laugh out loud at the irrepressible wit of peter Hatcher, the hilarious antics of mischievous Fudge, and the unbreakable confidence of know-it-all sheila tubman in Judy blume’s five Fudge books. brand-new covers adorn these perennial favorites, and will entice a whole new generation of Fudge—and Judy blume—fans.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:42 -0400)

Fifth-grader Peter Hatcher's mother is pregnant, his four-year-old brother, Fudge, is a constant embarrassment to his family, and his parents want to move to New Jersey for a year, could life get any worse?

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,379,066 books! | Top bar: Always visible