The Hunt for the Seventh by Christine…

The Hunt for the Seventh (2008)

by Christine Morton-Shaw

I have not yet read this book.
  LynneQuan | Sep 17, 2017 |
This is basically a ghost story/mystery. I feel that it would be appropriate for mature readers ages 11-13.

Sometimes the author does more leading than I felt was needed, but given the age of the intended audience, I felt that was probably deemed necessary.

I liked the way the story wrapped up. It wasn't just a quick closure. ( )
  BoundTogetherForGood | Aug 25, 2017 |
When his father starts a new job at Minerva Hall as a gardener, twelve-year-old Jim discovers an ancient curse that needs to be unraveled before disaster happens.
  lkmuir | Dec 7, 2015 |
This is a very intense book that will make you want to keep turning the pages. ( )
  MRSParker | Jan 30, 2014 |
WOW! The Hunt for the Seventh is AMAZING and super creepy! Everything about this story is just over the top!

Okay first of all, let me sincerely caution you: this is a book you don't want to read at night, unless you want to be seriously spooked! I definitely enjoyed the way Christine incorporated history, ancient folklore, and riddles into the story to help keep the reader engaged.
      The twist is very unexpected; things build to an amazing climax, and the Author brings it all to a spectacular end. It definitely does not disappoint. Christine Morton-Shaw knows how to keep a reader hooked!

The characters in The Hunt for the Seventh are very well-done and realistic. Each of them have their own unique personalities and are developed very well.

All in all, I highly recommend this story to anyone looking for a well-written mystery and ghost story. I don't really know what else to say, but trust me when I say this is a story you won't want to miss! ( )
  ZoeSNicholson | Sep 16, 2013 |
The Ghost in Man, the Ghost that once was Man,
But cannot wholly free itself from Man,
Are calling to each other thro' a dawn
Stranger than earth has ever seen;  the veil
Is rending, and the Voices of the day
Are heard across the Voices of the dark.
--Tennyson
This one is for Greg, Nathan, and Robin
Somebody died here once. I'm convinced of it. Somewhere here, in this huge garden. I feel them watching me.

Jim moves to ancient Minerva Hall and encounters the ghosts of six children. They urge him to find the seventh child and leave him cryptic clues that point to a dark, ancient prophecy that only Jim can stop from being fulfilled. Jim turns to Einstein, a brilliant autistic boy who lives at the Hall. If anyone can help Jim, Einstein can. But the boy, who speaks in riddles, proves to be as mysterious as the dead children. Time is running out; if Jim doesn't figure out the clues, innocent people will die.

Christine Morton-Shaw has linked ancient rites with modern mystery to create a chilling, suspenseful tale that will keep readers guessing to the very end.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:30 -0400)

When his father starts a new job at Minerva Hall as gardener, twelve-year-old Jim discovers an ancient curse that needs to be unraveled before disaster happens.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,336,633 books! | Top bar: Always visible