Clifford the Big Red Dog by Norman Bridwell

Clifford the Big Red Dog (1963)

by Norman Bridwell

This book is all about expectations--Clifford does all the same things that a normal dog does, but on a different scale, with different consequences.The book lends itself well for introducing size vocabulary, different types of animals and for teaching children about looking after and caring for animals. ( )
  crunchymunchkin | Apr 30, 2015 |
This modern fantasy book is about a big, red dog that is owned b Emily Elizabeth. This book mainly describes what the dog, Clifford, does. But it also talks about the things that him and Emily do together, like camping or not going to the zoo anymore. It is a great beginners story, because there are not hard words to read. It also tells us how she forgives Clifford for the mistakes that he makes, which is a good lesson to learn. ( )
  BethWal94 | Feb 2, 2015 |
I love this modern fantasy book because it is fun to read and teaches great life lessons in a cute and enjoyable way. The book is about a girl who has a dog who is not like other children's dogs because he is big and red. She talks about all the wonderful things they do together, why she loves him, and that she would take her big red dog over any other dog any day. ( )
  ebecker13 | Jan 26, 2015 |
Clifford The Big Red Dog by Norman Bridwell
Audio version so I am not seeing the colorful pictures.
Emily has a dog Clifford. He's big and red. Her friends have dogs also, they come in different sizes and colors.
They have fun by playing games and the book tells you what games they do play.
We also find out what bad habits he has also...and we learn of the day he was in the dog show.
  jbarr5 | Jan 16, 2015 |
This book is the story about Elizabeth and her big red dog named Clifford. Clifford is a lot bigger then all of the other kids she knows dogs. Clifford is just like other dogs but is different in some ways. This book is one that I grew up on and one that I will read to my kids one day. ( )
  achatela | Apr 26, 2013 |
This work is for "Clifford the Big Red Dog". That is the title. Other books from the Clifford the Big Red Dog *series* do not belong with this work. Please make sure your book matches this work.
Also, coloring books often have different stories/themes, and should not be combined with this.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 059044297X, Paperback)

Emily Elizabeth has a big red dog--the biggest, reddest dog on her street, and his name is Clifford. How big is he? He's so big that when he runs after cars, he catches them in his mouth, and his doghouse is bigger than Emily Elizabeth's house. Needless to say, he makes an excellent watchdog. Children love the idea of the things you could do and the fun you could have with a giant dog, and Norman Bridwell's delightful, Clifford-proof board-book edition will not disappoint. (Baby to preschool)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:23 -0400)

Emily Elizabeth describes the activities she enjoys with her very big, very red dog and how they take care of each other.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,164,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible