Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch

Time of My Life

by Allison Winn Scotch

I LOVED this novel! It makes you feel like you are the character and the one that gets to choose between what is, and what could have been! Scotch definitely created another best seller for romance and chick lit fans! ( )
  irinka87 | Jan 3, 2012 |
Time of My Life is my favorite Allison Winn Scotch novel. It is my favorite for several reasons. First, I loved Scotch’s writing in this novel. Jillian’s voice was true and genuine. The attention to detail was excellent. Scotch crafted the novel in such a way that I couldn’t put the book down. I had to know what happened next, and I read the novel in one sitting.

I think this book really resonated with me because we all wonder if we made the right decision about certain things in our lives, especially when our current situation is less than stellar. Having the chance to go back and do things over is something we think we all want, but as Jillian finds out, doing things differently from the first go-round isn’t as easy as we would think.

I highly recommend this novel. If you have never read anything by Allison Winn Scotch, this book is the one with which I would start. ( )
  ReadingWithMartinis | May 14, 2011 |
This was a very easy, enjoyable read. ( )
  ErikaRae | Jan 9, 2011 |
Wow, did this book ever hit close to home. I've actually been having dreams about going back in time and changing decisions I made years ago. Jillian gets that chance in Time of My Life.This was my first time reading Allison Winn Scotch and I absolutely adore her writing style. I have been reading so much Christian fiction lately and this book was a welcome breath of fresh air for me. Her characters are real and relatable.I identified with Jillian, the main character, right off the bat. She talks like me, acts like me, thinks like me. This book was a wonderful tale of "the grass isn't always greener" and gave me a much clearer perception on my life and believing that all things happen for a reason. ( )
  ldrumm16 | Dec 3, 2010 |
Now for the other life, The one without mistakes. - Lou Lipsitz
For Adam, to whom I tell my stories.
And for Campbell and Amelia, who hold the answers to life's many questions.
Ding.

Jillian Westfield has the perfect suburban life straight out of the upscale women's magazines that she obsessively reads. She’s got the modern-print rugs of Metropolitan Home, the elegant meals from Gourmet, the clutter-free closets out of Real Simple, and the elaborate Easter egg hunts seen in Parents. With her successful investment banker husband behind the wheel and her cherubic eighteen-month-old in the backseat, hers could be the family in the magazines’ glossy Range Rover ads.

Yet somehow all of the how-to magazine stories in the world can’t seem to fix her faltering marriage, banish the tedium of days spent changing diapers, or stop her from asking, “What if?”

Then one morning Jillian wakes up seven years in the past. Before her daughter was born. Before she married Henry. Suddenly she’s back in her post–grad school Ikea-furnished Manhattan apartment. She’s back in her fast-paced job with the advertising agency. And she’s still with Jackson, the ex-boyfriend and star of her what-if fantasies.

Armed with twenty-twenty hindsight, she’s free to choose all over again. She can use the zippy ad campaigns from her future to wow the clients and bosses in her present. She can reconnect with the mother who abandoned her so many years before. She can fix the fights at every juncture that doomed her relationship with Jackson. Or can she?

With each new choice setting off a trajectory of unforeseen consequences, Jillian soon realizes that getting to happily ever after is more complicated than changing the lines in her part of the script. Happiness, it turns out, isn’t an either-or proposition. As she closes in on all the things she thought she wanted, Jillian must confront the greatest what-if of all: What if the problem was never Henry or Jackson, but her?

Sharp, funny, and heartwarming, Time of My Life will appeal to anyone who has ever wanted to redo the past and will leave readers pondering, “Do we get the reality we deserve?”

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:54 -0400)

Despite her perfect life in the suburbs with a loving husband and baby, Jillian Westfield wonders about the life she has left behind, and gets the chance to find out what might have happened when she wakes up one morning in the middle of her life as it was seven years ago.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,236,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible