The Tower Treasure by Franklin W. Dixon

The Tower Treasure (1927)

by Franklin W. Dixon

Tom Swift and His Great Oil Gusher by Victor Appleton (ChrisSlavens)
    ChrisSlavens: Fans of the Hardy Boys may enjoy Tom Swift's adventures, and vice versa. Both series were produced by the Stratemeyer Syndicate.
    Poppy Ott's Seven-League Stilts by Leo Edwards (FrederFrederson)

English (20)  Norwegian (1)  All (21)
This book is a classic. It is the first of the Hardy Boys series and leads the reader on an exciting adventure where the boys learn of the location of stolen treasure from a dying criminal who is only able to tell them it is in the tower. I would use this book with third through fifth graders. This is an exciting book that will get students engaged. I would use this book to help get students hooked on reading. Once students read this book, they may want to read the rest of the series. I know I did!
  Jordan.Francies | Nov 29, 2016 |
A swell book! I picked it up at a library sale, and realized I have not read this book since I was thirteen, over fifty years ago. It is still a good story, about some good chums, their roadsters, and solving mysteries with the help of their detective father. A nice way to spend some time, reading about old chums, indeed! ( )
1 vote hadden | Dec 29, 2014 |
Very nice book. I like it much. Nice to know how Hardy boys start their carrier. ( )
  Sonkku | Dec 20, 2013 |
The best boy mystery ever! The sons of Fenton Hardy, the great detective, go on their first mystery that includes thievery, a set-up, and extreme dangers. Frank and Joe Hardy are the sons of the Fenton Hardy. Frank being the oldest at 18 by 1 year. Joe being 17 years old. Their friend's, Tony Prito, father is being set up for the crime by a notorious thief named John "Red" Jackley. A notorious thief known for wearing red wigs as a disguise.
The thief stole securities and jewelry from the Applegates. The thief stole Chets car as a getaway car. They find John "Red" Jackley. He is dying so he tells he hid it in the old tower. Everyone thinks it is hidden in the applegates mansion old tower. Yet the Hardy boys find out he meant the old train station tower. They search under a pieces of wood and find the securities and jewels. ( )
  richardr.b4 | Oct 27, 2013 |
Like seemingly all of the other reviewers here, I read the Hardy Boys books in the 1970s, as a child, for the most part in those familiar blue-spined editions, most of which I obtained at the library. I was an obsessive series reader, going through the Hardy Boys, Tom Swift, and The Three Investigators before moving to more adult pastures in my early teens. Recently, I've come across boxes of my old books going back to childhood, and found that I owned several more of these titles - but still not that many - than I remembered. And, in the past few years, when I've seen books from these series in the second-hand shops, I've picked them up, thinking that my son or daughter might be interested in reading them.

So it was a mixture of nostalgias that led me to read the original version of The Tower Treasure. Read through the eyes of someone just into their forties, but with a fair eye for history, it's a light, entertaining read, strangely stilted at times, and at other times striking in the degree of liberty apparently given to young boys in the 1920s (not, obviously, that these are documentaries in any way). The story is straightforward enough, and not really challenging as a mystery - but why would it need to be? This was entertainment for boys long since gone, generations ago, in a time which - although no less complex than our own - had its own rewards and its own challenges. It is easy to see their charm and innocence, and this book was likable just for that. ( )
  Bill_Bibliomane | Aug 1, 2013 |

Franklin W. Dixonprimary authorall editionscalculated
McFarlane, LeslieIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rogers, Walter S.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"After the help we gave dad on that forgery case I guess he'll begin to think we could be detectives when we grow up."

Grownups will remember Frank and Joe Hardy and their ability to solve even the most baffling of mysteries. The first book was published in 1927, and over the years the series has sold over 50 million copies. But mysteriously, the original books have disappeared. Now, Applewood is pleased to present The Tower Treasure, the very first Hardy Boys mystery ever published.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:00 -0400)

When the Hardys' wealthy neighbor is robbed, Joe and Frank are asked by their father to help solve the case.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,734,225 books! | Top bar: Always visible