Wilderness: The Lost Writings of Jim…

Wilderness: The Lost Writings of Jim Morrison, Volume 1

by Jim Morrison

Jim Morrison was, above all else, a writer. During his short 27 years, he wrote a little of everything; poetry, prose, song lyrics, film scripts, plays, you name it. Here we have a collection of his poetry.

This is a book that I picked up in Raleigh back when I was a student at NCSU. I can't quite remember, but I think this might have been the first book I ever purchased from Edward McCay's (the first of so, so many). It fell into my stacks of unread books until just recently.

Even before reading the afterword, you can tell that this particular collection is taken directly from Morrison's notebooks and journals, and that probably a vast majority of the work is unfinished. The editors even include photocopies of pages featuring the rough original in Jim's handwriting.

Where they could, the editors have tried to keep the work in chronological order, even though Jim apparently didn't date much of his work (probably thinking that he would wait and date the final version of the poem once he was satisfied with it). It is definitely an interesting read. ( )
  regularguy5mb | May 25, 2015 |
I am a big fan of Jim Morrison's poetry and love this collection. ( )
  morgantaylor | Oct 10, 2014 |
Jim should have stuck to singing. ( )
  Anagarika | Nov 3, 2009 |
my beloved Jim, this book had to be mine open the front cover and you see a poem dedicated to his girlfriend Pamela Susan and guess what my name is .. yup Pamela Susan ok im a fan a devotee ( )
  vicarofdibley | Oct 1, 2006 |

Compiled from the literary estate of the singer who brought a wildly lyrical poetry of the damned to the world of rock 'n' roll. Includes unpublished poems, drawings, photos, and a candid self-interview.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:19 -0400)

A collection of poems, diary entries, and drawings by the Doors' driving force is accompanied by a Morrison "self-interview" and an afterword by his best friend

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,149,579 books! | Top bar: Always visible