Light The Stars (Silhouette Special Edition)…

Light The Stars (Silhouette Special Edition)

by RaeAnne Thayne

When widower Wade's mother elopes with Caroline's swindler father, how can his life get any worse. And what is he supposed to do for childcare for 3 kids under the age of 5? ( )
  nancynova | Aug 13, 2017 |
4 stars

I like how you can find older stories in a series now in ebook. I just wish there was a way to tell if book is an older one. I knew this was off by the first book in a long series. Goodreads also had date first published. I know most is not the author's fault.

I like reading RaeAnne Thayne's books I have only been reading her works the past couple of years. Light the Star is her first book in Cowboys of Cold Creek series. It has charming little kids, lots of family life. I like the characters and would like to read more in the future about them. Some drama, some romance and a story I did not want to put down. I wanted more. It is also a clean read.

Wade Dalton is a widower with three kids and running a ranch. His mom has been watching his kids for the past two years but she ran off in the night to elope. He never knew she was dating. This is his birthday and a busy week on the ranch.
Wade has a daughter Nat in elementary school and two boys too young to go. Cody is two. He has two brothers.

Caroline Montgomery is a life coach. She travels all night to try and stop her father con artist from marring one of her clients. While at the door to ranch talking to Wade she smells smoke. Tanner a preschooler has started a kitchen fire. Tanner is a handful to raise. Caroline offers to stay and tend the baby while Wade takes Tanner to the clinic.

I really enjoyed watching life on the ranch. Wade is a hard worker and hardly spends time with his children. Which a lot of single parents that have to work do. I was lucky in that I was home raising my two.

I bought the ebook on Amazon. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Nov 18, 2014 |
Do not combine with the 2-in-1 containing this story as a bonus story.

Left to cope with his kids for the first time since his wife's death, rancher Wade Dalton is furious -- at his mother, their usual caregiver, for eloping and at her life coach, Caroline Montgomery, for encouraging her. So when Caroline arrives, hoping to stop the wedding, she bears the brunt of Wade's anger. But she also earns his gratitude by helping while Wade finds his feet. Both are blindsided by the feelings that develop between them; it's a pity Caroline's leaving soon. RaeAnne Thayne begins Cowboys of Cold Creek with Light the Stars.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,940,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible