Losing the Peace by William Leisner
The Enterprise and her captain are ordered to help the hundreds of thousands of Federation citizens who have lost homes and family in the wake of the Borg invasion, including security officer Jasminder Choudhury.

I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  Lunapilot | Jul 19, 2016 |
With Billions dead and refuges overwhelming member worlds the Federation is in shambles. A good fun read.
  dswaddell | Jul 11, 2016 |
This and its fellow post-Destiny trilogy books are all great, their writing is good and the story lines are coherent and interesting, but, they're just too darn dark. I mean, the novels and TV serieses have always taken on serious subjects, but it just seems that over the years Star Trek has become even darker than today's real world. Maybe the future won't be all roses and puppies, but it doesn't have to be all evil aliens and death and more death and destruction either.

There isn't really one story through this book. Instead the Enterprise gets to visit multiple planets and deal with multiple issues. It's done very well as all the different parts of the novel are woven together and nothing is lost in the shuffle.

Another part of the book I really liked was how the Picard/Beverly Crusher was written and has been written in these Post-Nemesis (the movie) novels. Would it have been better if it had been on screen, of course, but every author who has written about the relationship so far has done so in a splendid way.

A great book, if a bit depressing. ( )
  DanieXJ | Apr 22, 2013 |
I really liked this book and how it adds to the story after the events in the destiny trilogy. ( )
  Overlord1000 | May 20, 2011 |
I made the mistake of reading this book before reading the Destiny series. Doing so made this book a little hard to get in to for a Trek novel, because it picks up where that series left off and assumed that you knew the events of that series. It also had the unfortunate consequence of spoiling that series for me, though I will definitely now go back and read those three books as it intrigued me. This is also the first TNG book I have picked up post relaunch of the TNG line, so I was unfamiliar with some of the characters, and surprised by some of what had happened to the regulars.

There isn't much action going on for the Enterprise or its crew in this novel as the Enterprise and the entire Federation start to pick up the pieces following the universe-changing events of the Destiny series, and how those events changed not only the Federation, but changed the characters as well. But I think the book is well written for the most part. Granted, there are some sections where I couldn't imagine one of the original TNG characters doing or saying some of the things they did in the book, but for the most part, I thought they were all in character, which is hard for some authors to do.

That said, I am looking forward to the Typhon Expanse books which will be coming out later this year. Hopefully by then, I will have caught up with the events of the 24th century. ( )
  kingoftheicedragons | Mar 23, 2010 |

William Leisnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blackford, JohnCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dingman, AlanCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Perplies, BerndTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,971,609 books! | Top bar: Always visible