Bad Things Happen by Harry Dolan

Bad Things Happen

by Harry Dolan

Great book -I really enjoyed it. The kind of book that is so hard to put down, I find myself resenting the time that I need to spend sleeping (or going to work). I am looking forward to seeing what this author writes next. ( )
  librarymary09 | May 24, 2014 |
  librarymary09 | May 24, 2014 |
Excellent mystery/thriller. I was completely engaged (and finished it in just four days) and there were twists and turns in the plot right until the very end. ( )
  sbsolter | Feb 6, 2014 |
This is one of the best whodunit I have read in a while. The man who calls himself David Loogan is living a peaceful life trying to forget his past. Along comes Tom and hires David to be his editor at the Gray Streets magazine. Soon David is doing more than editing for Tom: he's sleeping with his wife and helping Tom get away with murder. Things start to complicate as the bodies start to pile up. Detective Elizabeth Waishkey is assigned to the case. It's up to her and David to clear all this mess up. This one kept me guessing up till the very end and has some twists in there that I didn't see coming. To quote Stephen King, "This is one fucking good book". ( )
  AleAleta | Jan 21, 2014 |
Mildly interesting, fizzles out at the end. Detective develops unrealistic interest in possible suspect. ( )
  mhg123 | Jan 16, 2014 |
Although the plot is fairly outlandish, the narrative comes with startling developments and nicely tricky reversals. There’s also something appealingly offbeat about the wry, dry tone of its academic humor.

"Witty, sophisticated, suspenseful and endless fun..." -- The Washington Post

The man who calls himself DAVID LOOGAN is hoping to escape a violent past by leading a quiet, anonymous life in Ann Arbor, Michigan. But his solitude is broken when he finds himself drawn into a friendship with Tom Kristoll, publisher of the mystery magazine Gray Streets -- and into an affair with Laura, Tom's sleek blond wife. When Tom offers him a job as an editor, Loogan sees no harm in accepting. What he doesn't realize is that the stories in Gray Streets tend to follow a simple formula: Plans go wrong. Bad things happen. People die.

ELIZABETH WAISHKEY is the most talented detective in the Ann Arbor Police Department. But when Tom Kristoll turns up dead, she doesn't know quite what to make of David Loogan. Is he a killer, or an ally who might help her find the truth? As more deaths start mounting up -- some of them echoing stories published in the magazine -- it's up to Elizabeth to solve both the murders and the mystery of Loogan himself.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:16 -0400)

The man who calls himself David Loogan is leading a quiet, anonymous life in the college town of Ann Arbor, Michigan. He's hoping to escape a violent past he would rather forget. But his solitude is broken when he finds himself drawn into a friendship with Tom Kristoll, publisher of the mystery magazine Gray Streets--and into an affair with Laura, Tom's sleek blond wife. When Tom offers him a job as an editor, Loogan sees no harm in accepting. What he doesn't realize is that the stories in Gray Streets tend to follow a simple formula: Plans go wrong. Bad things happen. People die.--From publisher's description.… (more)

Harry Dolan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,258,653 books! | Top bar: Always visible