The Brazen Bride by Stephanie Laurens

The Brazen Bride

by Stephanie Laurens

Series: Black Cobra Quartet (3)

This book tries to do too much, making the whole somewhat tedious. Prefer her older, lighter romances. ( )
  bohemianshell | Apr 24, 2014 |
Linnet Trevission / Logan Monteith ( )
  Talthor | Jan 1, 2014 |
The third installment of the Black Cobra Quartet was a bit different than the previous two. In those we see the troubles and dangers that the two couriers encounter and what forces them to spend their time and efforts with a young lady with whom they fall in love, so naturally, I expected the same type of story for courier #3. Nope, here Logan Montieth is discovered at the beginning on board a ship in the English Channel, fighting with the Black Cobra legions during a storm. He and his attackers are swept overboard before the ship capsizes.

Logan is the only survivor but without his memory. He is discovered and nursed by a lady and her staff on a remote section of the Island of Guernsey. Linnet helps him to recover his memories while their love affair proceeds, ad when he recalls his mission, she gets him to his assigned destination. From there the story is very similar to the previous installments with a few twists and turns.

Of the three books, that I've read so far, this is my favorite because of the strong, dynamic and unusual female character who stands up for what she wants and what she wants to do. Looking forward to the last of the series. ( )
  cyderry | Nov 17, 2011 |
I really love this series. I am having a hard time deciding which book is my favorite. While this book is different from the other two it still has some of the same elements in it from the first two. Ms Laurens has a style and vioce that comes through each of her books. As such each story can seem so very similiar, however the characters do each have their own personalities and flaws and insecurties. I like that vioce and have never felt that it was predicitable. Ms Laurens also writes some of the best love scenes in the industry and she is not stingy with them either. She also develops wonderful charactrers that bring the story to life and makes you feel as if you are living the lives along with the characters. I am looking forward to starting the next book and seeing how they finally capture the last head of the Black Cobra. ( )
  LadyIsis | Feb 20, 2011 |
I'm only about halfway through - book is not terrible enough to keep me from finishing, but it's nowhere near compelling. The same routine happens on about a ten page cycle. Boring. ( )
  flemmily | Jan 17, 2011 |

Stephanie Laurensprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Prebble, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

After he is shipwrecked and wounded, Major Logan Monteith, an ex-officer of the Crown on a mission to bring down a traitor known only as the Black Cobra, is rescued by Linnet Trevission, a brazen beauty who is as daring as he.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,381,754 books! | Top bar: Always visible