The Circulatory Story by Mary K. Corcoran

The Circulatory Story

by Mary K. Corcoran

274402,159 (5)None

Take an exciting journey through your bodies circulatory system. Corcoran is your child's guide through the lungs, heart, and veins. She makes the information easy to understand and adds humor with her illustrations. A great book for any child curious about the way their body works. ( )
  hdmorgan | Jun 8, 2017 |
In this informational text, we learn about all the different parts of the circulatory system. It is set up like a comic, so it is easy to read for the students. In the different sections, they talk about the different things that help make the circulatory system run successfully. The different parts are needed for specific things, which the book explains well. I wouldn't read this all at once to a class, but maybe use a few of the chunks for a definition piece when talking about the body. This would be perfect during a lesson of the different systems in our bodies. ( )
  BethWal94 | Dec 9, 2016 |
This book is all about the circulatory system! It is such a fun informational book for kids. It makes it less intimidating than charts and graphs like you see in science books.
Uses: Learning about the circulatory system, Looking at informational books
  ShayleeHutchison | Nov 22, 2016 |
Summary: The circulatory story is a great informational book about the circulatory system. It brings something that is a very difficult and complicated subject to the learning level of an elementary school child. I love that this story is fun and exciting and makes people out of the different cells and valves that are in our body.
Uses: I would love to this story as a good example of speech bubbles and conversation. I also would use it as a resource about the circulatory system. I think it would be great to use it in chunks, study a few pages at a time while learning about it.
  swallace14 | Nov 19, 2016 |

Your hardworking heart started beating eight months before you were born and continues to beat about one hundred thousand times a day. "By the time you're seventy years old, it will have beaten about 2.5 billion times." Find out the story behind each beat on a journey through the body's circulatory system.… (more)

Charlesbridge

2 editions of this book were published by Charlesbridge.

Editions: 1580892094, 1580892086

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,350,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible