Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich

Fearless Fourteen

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (14)

Funny as the Stephanie Plum series continues - loved the audio as the characters come alive!

Personal vendettas, hidden treasure, and a monkey named Carl will send bounty hunter Stephanie Plum on her most explosive adventure yet as Dom Rizzi robbed a bank, stashed the money and did the time.
Joe Morelli, Dom Rizzi and Dom’s sister Loretta are cousins. Morelli is a cop, Rizzi robs banks, and Loretta is a single mother waiting tables at the firehouse. Less than a week after Dom’s release from prison, Joe Morelli has shadowy figures breaking into his house and dying in his basement. He’s getting threatening messages, Loretta is kidnapped, and Dom is missing.

Morelli hires Walter “Mooner” Dunphy, stoner and “inventor” turned crime-fighter to protect his house. Morelli can’t afford a lot on a cop’s salary, and Mooner will work for potatoes.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Not as funny as the previous 13, but enjoyable all the same. The scene with the monkey had me laughing pretty hard. ( )
  trishaj | Oct 7, 2014 |
One of my favorites of the series. Super funny and good amount of suspense and sexiness. ( )
  lushrain | Sep 29, 2014 |
I have a theory. I think someone else has been writing Janet Evanovich’s books since book 14, possibly since 13. But 14 definitely reads like someone trying to write in her style and failing. I think that’s why she lost so many fans. I just re-read the first 11. All of them good.

12 is still her, but she’s losing interest. 13 is too loose, but she is still there, she still makes me laugh. 14 is someone else entirely. Its someone trying to write like Evanovich (possibly her daughter). Its in the little things, that I notice it. Evanovich likes to tell us about Stephanie's daily minutae. What she ate, what she sleeps in, etc. She doesn't miss a change to describe an inappropriate kiss from Ranger. Those things are almost there in this book, but not quite. And then there is just the fact that the book is a huge swing and miss.

Every book after 14 has that stale, not quite right feeling. I didn’t even finish 17, it was too pointless. I attributed it to Evanovich being sick of the characters. But now I think she's not writing much of the book at all. Although, I think 18 might be her again. But I’m not sure.

Her next book is another in a separate Diesel series she started. I don’t mind them and I will probably buy it. I am interested in seeing if I think she wrote it or someone is ghosting it. ( )
  blatherlikeme | Sep 28, 2014 |
Another laugh out loud book from Janet Evanovich. It was interesting to see Stephanie and Joe as stand-in parents of a teenage boy whose mother was in jail for armed robbery of a liquour store and was subsequently bailed and taken hostage. Lula was hilarious - any woman who wants to get engaged badly enough should follow Lula's example! After finishing the book I was left to wonder whose toes were amputated if they were not from the feet of the hostage - now that was a head scratcher.
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whoohoo! To Team Evanovich: Alex, Peter, and SuperJen.
Thanks to Sandy Sherwood for suggesting the title for this book.
In my mind, my kitchen is filled with crackers and cheese, roast chicken leftovers, farm fresh eggs, and coffee beans ready to grind.

Personal vendettas, hidden treasure, and a monkey named Carl will send bounty hunter Stephanie Plum on her most explosive adventure yet.

The Crime:  Armed robbery to the tune of nine million dollars

Dom Rizzi robbed a bank, stashed the money, and did the time. His family couldn’t be more proud. He always was the smart one.

The Cousin:  Joe Morelli

Joe Morelli, Dom Rizzi, and Dom’s sister, Loretta, are cousins. Morelli is a cop, Rizzi robs banks, and Loretta is a single mother waiting tables at the firehouse. The all-American family.

The Complications:  Murder, kidnapping, destruction of personal property, and acid reflux

The Catastrophe:  Moonman

Morelli hires Walter “Mooner” Dunphy, stoner and “inventor” turned crime fighter, to protect his house. Morelli can’t afford a lot on a cop’s salary, and Mooner will work for potatoes.

The Cupcake:  Stephanie Plum

Stephanie and Morelli have a long-standing relationship that involves sex, affection, and driving each other nuts. She’s a bond enforcement agent with more luck than talent, and she’s involved in this bank-robbery-gone-bad disaster from day one.

The Crisis:  A favor for Ranger

Security expert Carlos Manoso, street name Ranger, has a job for Stephanie that will involve night work. Morelli has his own ideas regarding Stephanie’s evening activities.

The Conclusion:  Only the fearless should read Fourteen.

Thrills, chills, and incontinence may result.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:48 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,352,674 books! | Top bar: Always visible