Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich

Fearless Fourteen

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (14)

pure fluff. and while all these stephanie plum books aren't literary masterpieces they are really entertaining, and that more than makes up for it.

a great break from those classic tomes ( )
  mkclane | Jul 31, 2015 |
I'm so glad Stephanie's car didn't blow up in this story, however, there was an Econoline van explosion... ( )
  Stembie3 | Jun 14, 2015 |
Stephanie Plum is at it again! In Fearless Fourteen she teams up with some of the old gang (Morelli, Ranger, Lula and Grandma Mazur) and some new characters (and they are characters!!) Zook, Mooner and Gary to name a few. ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
After the movie, One for the Money (I loved it), I wanted to read the books. I was half happy and half disappointed (to be fair the first few books were better than the rest - I've read 17 or 18). The writing isn't anything special but there is banter and wit (which is waning). I love her grandma, the ex-hooker, and some other random side characters - that and the witty moments kept me coming back for more.

By the time of the 5th book (or at least by the 10th) you would think she would start to get the hang of her job or get a new one - nope. At a certain point she is just a pretty woman of 30ish who can't pick from 2 men (or choose to move on from both), who is bad at her job, and relies on luck and the men in her life to save her (to be fair I think of one time she was saved by a woman).

So why do I keep reading? In spite of how annoying she is, and how she is hopelessly in love with 2 mildly mentally abusive men? Despite all the half attractive or good guys being over 6 ft tall for some reason and all the other men are taken or ugly? The reason is the supporting crazy characters, and the fading wit. ( )
  mlg11031112 | Apr 10, 2015 |
I enjoyed this one. It was fast paced, fun, and light-hearted. It was exactly what I needed right now. I do think some of the crazies attached to Stephanie are a bit much (Zook and Mooner come to mind), but they were both fun and light-hearted so it was okay. Part of me is still waiting for Stephanie to learn how to be a bounty hunter, and maybe meet some realistic side-characters, but right now I kind of liked the fun. The mystery was good. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whoohoo! To Team Evanovich: Alex, Peter, and SuperJen.
Thanks to Sandy Sherwood for suggesting the title for this book.
In my mind, my kitchen is filled with crackers and cheese, roast chicken leftovers, farm fresh eggs, and coffee beans ready to grind.

Personal vendettas, hidden treasure, and a monkey named Carl will send bounty hunter Stephanie Plum on her most explosive adventure yet.

The Crime:  Armed robbery to the tune of nine million dollars

Dom Rizzi robbed a bank, stashed the money, and did the time. His family couldn’t be more proud. He always was the smart one.

The Cousin:  Joe Morelli

Joe Morelli, Dom Rizzi, and Dom’s sister, Loretta, are cousins. Morelli is a cop, Rizzi robs banks, and Loretta is a single mother waiting tables at the firehouse. The all-American family.

The Complications:  Murder, kidnapping, destruction of personal property, and acid reflux

Less than a week after Dom’s release from prison, Joe Morelli has shadowy figures breaking into his house and dying in his basement. He’s getting threatening messages, Loretta is kidnapped, and Dom is missing.

The Catastrophe:  Moonman

Morelli hires Walter “Mooner” Dunphy, stoner and “inventor” turned crime fighter, to protect his house. Morelli can’t afford a lot on a cop’s salary, and Mooner will work for potatoes.

The Cupcake:  Stephanie Plum

Stephanie and Morelli have a long-standing relationship that involves sex, affection, and driving each other nuts. She’s a bond enforcement agent with more luck than talent, and she’s involved in this bank-robbery-gone-bad disaster from day one.

The Crisis:  A favor for Ranger

Security expert Carlos Manoso, street name Ranger, has a job for Stephanie that will involve night work. Morelli has his own ideas regarding Stephanie’s evening activities.

The Conclusion:  Only the fearless should read Fourteen.

Thrills, chills, and incontinence may result.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:31 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,670,287 books! | Top bar: Always visible