Boundaries: When to Say Yes, When to Say No, To Take Control of Your Life (1992)

by Henry Cloud, John Sims Townsend

Series: Boundaries (0)

Religion & Spirituality. Nonfiction. HTML:

Are you in control of your life? Do people take advantage of you? Do you have trouble saying no? Christian often focus so much on being loving and given that they forget their own limitations. Have you ever found yourself wondering: Can I set limits and still be a loving person? What are my legitimate boundaries? How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money? Why do I feel guilty when I consider setting boundaries? Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend give you biblically based answers to these and other tough questions, showing you how to set healthy boundaries with parents, spouses, children, friends, coworkers, and even with yourself. You'll see vital principles of boundaries at work as Drs. Cloud and Townsend take you through a day in the life of 'Sherrie'--first as she lives with almost no boundaries, then as she begins to apply proper boundaries with others in her life.

.… (more)

English (44)  German (1)  All languages (45)
  Lex_the_Third | Jun 30, 2024 |
  Lex-II | Jun 30, 2024 |
This book wasn’t as meaningful to me as I expected it to be. I liked their quotations with the Bible. Sometimes I didn’t quite see how the quotation supported what they were saying. Somehow this book just didn’t click with me. It’s a very popular book, so it might be great for someone else. Come to think of it, I’m not into self-help books these days.

Chapters 1-4 set the background on problems in human development of boundaries.

Chapter 5: Ten Laws of Boundaries
1. The law of sowing and reaping
2. The law of responsibility
3. The law of power: (What power do we have)
4. The law of respect
5. The law of motivation (Love or fear or guilt)
6. The law of evaluation (Does it hurt or harm - they are different)
7. The law of proactivity
8. The law of envy
9. The law of activity (Passivity never pays off)
10. The law of Exposure (Boundaries need to be made visible to others & communicated)

Part 1
1. A Day in a Boundaryless Life
2. What Does a Boundary Look Like
3. Boundary Problems
4. How Boundaries are Developed
5. 5. Ten Laws of Boundaries
6. Common Boundary Myths
Part 2: Boundary Conflicts
Part 3: Developing Healthy Boundaries ( )
  bread2u | May 15, 2024 |
3.5 stars, I think. Still thinking... ( )
  avanders | Nov 28, 2023 |
Trauma people do not have a tendency to establish boundaries due to the cost of setting boundaries. The authors have used the psychological trauma genre and overlayed it with biblical originality so as to reaffirm that all trauma-based psychology was original to the Bible. ( )
  5653735991n | Jun 15, 2023 |

Henry Cloudprimary authorall editionscalculated
Townsend, John Simsmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Information from the Chinese, traditional Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
To Henry and Louise Cloud and John and Rebecca Townsend, whose training in boundaries made a difference in our lives
6:00 A.M.

Religion & Spirituality. Nonfiction. HTML:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,625,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible